Monday, August 3, 2015

Getting Paid To Be Nosey? Hmmmm!!

August 3, 2015

Good morning.  The sun is shining, and it is 73F degrees.  Oh my, how wonderful it feels.  Of course, in a few more hours it will be 89F degrees and my clothes will be stuck to me.   Well, at least we have these cool early mornings to relish.

I put a few more rows on the Country Blue afghan, and now there are only seven more rows to go until it is finished!  Yeaaaaahh!!    I just might be able to get both afghans finished before the end of August.  That would be nice because I found a cute sweater pattern that I would like to try.

 
I have a beautiful rose photo to share with you.  Deanne and Eddie brought me a whole bouquet of these last Friday.  Oh gosh, they are absolutely gorgeous!!!   Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I just love them.
 

Let's get back to the "weird" jobs that you might want to consider.  In Germany, there are garbage detectives.  You threw batteries or other items into the trash, which you were not supposed to do?  Well beware Germany's garbage police! 
 
Their job is to search other people's trash to find items that should have been disposed of differently.  Germany has one of the world's toughest laws in that regard.  And according to German TV channel ProSieben, the detectives take their job quite seriously.  They will ask your neighbors, examine shopping bills and observe your garbage cans to prove your wrongdoing.  (info from Enterprise 7/20)
 
Hmmm, this could be a great job for trash pickers.  They could be getting the scoop on all the neighbors, and they get to keep all the goodies they find.  Oh yes, there are definitely lots of goodies to be found this way.  If you don't believe me, just ask any trash picker!!  hee hee!
 
I have another cute image to share that I borrowed from the web.  Oh gosh, this is soooooo me!   I can't stand to see boys and men walking around with their pants dragging on the ground while their "hineys" are exposed.  I'm not turned on by their underwear or their bare bottoms.  When will they ever figure out how ridiculous they look?
 
 
That's about all the news for this morning.  I've started taping a program to DVD, and I want to get it finished by Wednesday.  My favorite program starts Thursday.  Oh boy, oh boy!  I look forward to each new season of this program.  (Project Runway)  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I finally made it over to your blog today. About time too right? I wanted to get over sooner to tell you that jazzy is just so precious and talented. Of course your proud of her. She is a gorgeous young lady.

I have all the water up and the ceilings and walls drying. I am really worried that water got underneath the flooring and will start to buckle. Obviously the apartment o the 3rd floor flooded and no one was home. Toilet overflowed and filled up the second floor and then our apartment. We were lucky, we didn't get the water or severe damage like 3rd floor did.

I never made it to sleep last night and I am fighting it bad now so I will say bye for now and have a great day............. Hugs, Beth

Stacey said...

love that sweater pattern, if you make one would love to see your finished one! good luck on finishing the 2 by the end of the month. hopefully you'll make it!

The Queen Jester said...

Catching up again. I can't stand the baggy pants with the tops of the underwear showing either. Nor am I fond the the low waist jeans that show the tramp stamp tatto at the base of the spine. Not appealing. I guess I must be getting old.

smiekeltje said...

Hopeless those pants! I don;t see the fun of it.
Good luck on the finishing of the Afghan. I only work on a knitting project in the evening, then it isn;t that warm and it keeps my eyes open during watching the tv LOL.
Today is fish feeding day again, so I better get dressed now and do something usefull, haha.
Not such good weather today, now and then some rain, temps are a bit lower, but tomorrow it will be much better again.
Well, the rain is good for the gardens!
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra