Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Missing The Zippity In My Do Dah

July 1, 2014

Good morning.  Well, today we have just started the first day of the second half of this year.  Just goes to show how quickly time goes marching by.  Here's the July page from my calendar.


This reminds me that I need to start setting aside photos for the next calendar.  I'm going to have to get out more with my camera.  I've been lax about taking photos this year, and my current photo stock is not as full as it usually is. 

Our weather this week is hot, sticky, hot!  I need to go shopping to buy a new air conditioner with a dehumidifier.  The one I have is old and needs to be cleaned constantly or it starts to smell funny.  It's time to retire it.  I mostly only run the dehumidifier.  Not only does it keep the air breathable for me, but it makes the room temperature more comfortable.

While I'm out looking for the A/C, I should pick up another folding chair to keep in my car.  Dwarf Helen will be going with me to Kevin's baseball game later today so the extra chair will be quite handy.

I think I've finally decided whether I want a treadmill or an exercise bike.  Daughter Deanne says the bike seat gets uncomfortable after a while, so I guess I'll get a treadmill.  I've picked out the one I want, now I just have to go buy it and get it set up.

The heat is making it difficult to crochet for very long.  After a little while, the crochet hook starts feeling sticky and does not glide in and out of the yarn so good.  This is another good reason to get me a new AC/dehumidifier. 

Tamron has just brought out another new lens, and of course I just have to go have a look.  I called a local camera store to see if they carried Tamron lenses and they said they will have the new ones in stock in just a few days.  Woo Hoo!!  Yippee!! 

I know, I am sooooo bad!   But I have to listen to Pogo.  He says life is too short, and I should always spoil myself and him whenever I can.  Isn't he just an amazingly smart little fellow?  It's no wonder that every one loves him.

Aside from a couple of errands, and hopefully a baseball game later this afternoon, today will be another fairly lazy day.  The dust bunnies have asked me to leave them alone for a while.  The holiday is almost here and their families are all gathering to celebrate together.  Not a problem!  I can live with this.

Here's a little saying  that I got from the web.  It says it all, and it's just perfect for me.  As I get older, I'm really enjoying my lazy days.


Well, that's my news for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I would have to disagree, you seem to have a lot of zippity in your Do Dah day!
The AC will make it much easier to breathe and enjoy the crocheting you love so much.
I agree with the treadmill as well, sitting on a bike (whether road style or exercise kind) hurts after a while.
You have a great day!

Debby said...

That's a great attitude..

smiekeltje said...

Sounds you know perfectly well to "organize"a day LOL.
Hopefully you will find a good AC amd a nice folding chair too. Then up to the basball game to support Kevin!
And yes, Pogo is a smart guy, he just kows what to say and not, hahaha.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra