Monday, August 12, 2013

Country Signs

August 12, 2013,

Good morning.  It's quite cloudy and cool outside at the moment, but it is still early, only 6:20 a.m.  I'll be packing up my things and going home soon.   Gosh, about an hour ago, it sounded like one hundred airplanes passing by overhead.  I went outside to look, but could not see anything through all the clouds.  I did get a few nice photos of the clouds.



These clouds are moving quickly, so hopefully it will turn out to be another gorgeous day here in New England.  But, if it rains, well so be it.  The grass and the gardens will be happy.

Later today I will do a couple of errands while I am out.  I really must get to the post office and mail a very late birthday gift.  Gosh, I am so bad lately. 

Today is also Mandarin Orange Monday, and I have a tasty photo to share of my tomato plant.  I am getting a beautiful bumper crop this year from just one plant.  My tomatoes are the "grape" tomatoes, while Joe's plant is the big round tomatoes.  Aren't these beautiful?


I've been wanting to try a bit of street photography, but I guess a lot of it has to do with what the photographers' eye sees.  Plus the geography also plays a part.  These are a couple of interesting signs that caught my eye yesterday, and I turned my car around and went back to photograph them.



I don't have much news for this morning, and it is time to be checking on the Mrs again.  In about twenty five minutes, I will be on my way home to Pogo.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Those tomatoes look luscious!

smiekeltje said...

Your tomatopes look great!!!
Oh, we must have one or two tomatoes plants again next year!
We had one larger pot with snow peas and we had a meal from it several times. They tasted wonderful !
Probably today I will start with the wallpainting.
Already prepared a bit one area for it, now we just have to mix the paint and off I go. I wonder when I will be ready, cause there are quite some square meters to be done.
Oh well, no real rush is there, and once started it will go rather quick I hope!
You have a nice day, take some rest, you hear!
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

I always enjoy visiting you...because that is what it really feels like... a "visit". I wish I had tomatoes like that growing in my yard,.. i bet they will taste good ....as well as fun to photograph.
Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)
And I am glad you are starting to feel better:)