Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Super Phone Camera?

August 14, 2013

Good morning.  It's quite lovely outside today, sunny and cool (mid 70's).  This is perfect weather for year round.  It's also good for my energy level.  I've actually managed to get a few little things done. 

It's too early to say, but I think that the new medicine may be helping.  My blood pressure is reading lower and my pulse is higher.  The pulse was really quite low.  The good part is that I feel a bit better too.   There's hope for this old coot yet.

Yesterday I saw my orthopedic doctor for a regular check up.  This was a good appointment.  Now I am all set with him until Winter. 

Have you seen the advertisements for the new Nokia Lumina 1020 smart phone?  How is it that a cell phone camera can have 40 megapixels and a DSLR has around 18 to 21 mp's?  I could be tempted to buy this cell phone, but the cheapest service you can get with it is $100 a month.  This is absurd!!   I would only be making phone calls or taking photos with the phone.  So for this much money, I'll just keep carrying my DSLR with me for free.

Last night I went through some of my files to set aside some freebies, which I will try to start posting later this week.  I also want to make some new ones, just to keep the creative side of my brain working. 

This morning, Pogo and I will be going out to get a couple of errands done.  Maybe on our way back we can stop by the park for a while.  This will be nice because we haven't been there in a while.  Speaking of the park, here's a pretty photo I took of one of the plants growing along the edge of the pond.


I also have a photo of one of the beautiful butterflies that have been attracted to the bushes in my garden. 


Now it's time to get dressed and get outdoors to enjoy some of this fabulous weather.  So till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to here the new meds are having a positive effect. Donna

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh you are a busy bee ... you make me feel guilty that I am not getting things done that need doing. So glad you went to the doctor and your new med is making you feel better. Makes all the difference in the world if you arn't feeling well. Good Job, Edna ...

I did see the add on the TV about the super cell phone ... I couldn't believe it either. I figure if they can do that on a cell phone then Cannon better be coming out with some new super updates for the DSLR ... I am about ready to replace mine. It hasn't been taking very good pictures and I found out that I have to send it to New Jersey to get it checked out ... that is a crock if you ask me. I should be able to take it to any Cannon Dealer and get it fixed. I am not just a little PO'd about that. But, I am patient and I will wait to see what is coming out that will make my life of photography better :)

I have been so busy and feel so far behind on my blogging. We went to Lurie Gardens again last night and did another Raptor Program. The people are just so shocked to see our birds. They, of course, live in the city and rarely see the birds around, especially the Owls. But on top of that, it they have seen them it has been at a distance and they have no idea how big they are and how beautiful they are. The questions are endless ... pretty amazing experience.

Izzi has class tonight so there is another night shot and tomorrow I am going to the clinic for an EMG of the arm that has carpel tunnel issues ... and on and on. I look forward to a time when I can sit down and enjoy my blogging a little. Seems to be hard to get to these days.

Izzi is ringing her bell and the Hubby is at the dentist so I better go take her out (It is barely in the 70's here ... I have to wear a hoody to stay warm ). You have a wonderful day Edna and hugs to the little guy ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Debby said...

Good news on the medicine. That is strange that your pressure was high and your pulse low. But who am I to say that. Mine is the opposite.
Glad the ortho went okay as well.
$100 a month wow. I saw the commercial and was impressed with the camera part.
Enjoy the cooler temps. We are headed into the 40's tonight.......lowest temp. ever today.
((((HUGS))0

smiekeltje said...

Good news about the new medicine. Hope it will stay this way and oh, I am happy you feel already a bit better.
You are right to take a little outing to the park.
Wow, that cell phone has great features, but oh my, the price for it..........
I think that is way too much.
Yesterday I did another large part of a wall. It's going to look wonderful. Perhaps today I will take a break. Have to get some food in the fridge again and need to get new medicines too.
Then may be today will be a good day to clean some things so we can hang them back on the wall.
You take care now, and have some fun with Pogo.
Hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...

Gosh that butterfly is beautiful, almost looks like stained glass! Keep well and enjoy life. Hugs Elee

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Morning, sure was nice to awaken to a 74F temp this morning! That front finally came through with some good rain and especially the drop in the triple digits of temps. Today it is to only be 91F...yippee!
Great photos and love the colors on that gorgeous butterfly!
Well, got some work to do so gotta get it done, still trying to close down the office (will probably take till the end of September) so will hush and chat with you more next time. Enjoy your nice weather and so happy you are feeling better!
Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

I'm sure glad you are feeling better. It's really hard to find interenet service here, so I'm not going to be responding much until we move on and hopefully get somewhere that there is good service.
Nice butterfly photo.