Saturday, August 11, 2012

Two Doggies Are More Fun Than One!

August 11, 2012

Good morning.  I hope everyone got lots of sleep.  You know I did not!!  The Howling Hounds kept me busy cleaning sprinkles on the rugs and making potty trips outside.  The last trip out was at 3:30 a.m..    When I tried to ignore her, Sassy would go out to the pantry and start barking.  Groan, groan.  What made me think I was going to get any sleep?

These  two little darlings spent the afternoon and evening barking at the slightest sound.  When there was no sound, they barked anyway.  I was good though, and left the Sam Adams in the refrigerator. 

To make matters worse, the rain finally came yesterday when Deanne was on her way over here to drop off Sassy.  Next came the thunder and lightning.  I thought for sure this might cause a problem with my furry charges, but they were pretty good through all of this.  The difficult times came when the little ones would decide to go out for a sprinkle, and the rain was coming down at a hefty clip.

The only one who got drenched was me.  These two little darlings would not go out the door.  And why should they when there was still plenty of carpet to sprinkle on!  I spent a lot of time running after them with a roll of paper towels and a spray bottle of carpet refresher, and saying "Okay, who did it?"  This is when both Sassy and Pogo would band together and give me that stupid "I don't know" look.

By the time it was getting dark outside, the rain let up and I was able to take both of them outside.  The rain was very light and on and off throughout the rest of the night.  At the moment, both Sassy and Pogo are sound asleep on the sofa.  Gosh, they look so adorable.  I would take a photo, but the moment I move, they both hop up and run to the pantry for a bit of barking. 

I do have some photos of a pretty gray catbird that I took a couple of weeks ago at work.  This little bird came out from under the butterfly bushes in the Mrs' backyard, so I'm thinking that maybe she had her nest in there.  I took these photos through the kitchen window.  Except for it's coloring, this bird looks very much like a robin.




  Now I think I'll wake these two furry kids and take them out.   Who knows, maybe after that I can catch a few winks.  On second thought, maybe I'll just lean back and try to catch some winks while they are still asleep.  Shhhhhhh, don't wake them.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful captures.

Canna Lily

Modern Mom said...

Wonderful shots!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow grat photos of the catbird. Pretty color! Hope those furry babies allow u to nap. I'm fixing to catch one with my fur girls! LOL! Hugs! Mat

The Queen Jester said...

So after chasing after those puppies you could say you were "dog tired"?