Thursday, August 16, 2012

More Rain And Thunderstorms For Today

August 16, 2012

Well it's another soggy gray morning.  Pogo and I went outside a while ago and it was still raining, but it's a light rain at the moment.  Yesterday, we got a break from the rain for a few hours so I was able to get out to do my banking.  Hopefully, today we'll get another break later this afternoon, and I can get some food shopping done.  Well, rain or no rain, I still have to go because we are all out of dog food. 

When I went for my physical  the other day, I told the doctor about being tired all the time.  I should have kept my mouth shut.  He started talking about sleep apnea, overnight sleep tests, and a mask to wear to bed at night.  I told him I'd rather hold off on all this good stuff because the cooler temperatures that will be coming our way soon will definitely help my sleeping problem. 

He did tell me to get back on my cholesterol and high blood pressure meds.  I didn't even bother to bring up about the vitamins.  I'll just start taking my gummy vitamins and vitamin D again.  I took all  these things before I got the spider bite, but had to stop taking everything until the infection was all gone.  It's still not gone, but it's not as bad as it was before.  I think I'll survive.

A few days ago, I ordered a few new sweatshirts for Pogo, and they arrived yesterday.  I tried one of them on him, and oh gosh, he looks so cute!  I'll have to take some photos of him wearing his new finery. 

For photos today, I have a couple that I took at work the other day of a pretty little moth ( or tiny butterfly) on a black eyed susan.



Seeing as how we got up really early this morning, I think maybe I'll try for a little nap after I finish my coffee.  Hmmm, it sounds like a plan.  On that note, I'll leave you till tomorrow.  Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Well duh! I should have given some thought to sleep apnea having just gone through that myself. It's nothing to be afraid of and the pillow mask works well for me.
I like the photo of the butterly on the flower, at first I thought it was knitting!
Our friends have internet so we're using this opportunity to get caught up again. You have a great day today.

Nani said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures of Pogo in his new sweatshirts!

Yep, you mentioned spider-bite and I did the ceiling check, all clear. That's good because David just left for work and I'd have to handle it myself is there were any unwanted guests!

I've got to tell my doc about a chronically sore throat. I think maybe that's an MS symptom, but I don't want to copay for all kids of other tests first.

Keep us posted as to if the vitamins are helping the fatigue!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh, your visit at the doctor really makes you a happy person LOL. May be he is right about your sleeping problem, on the other hand, sometimes the medics only can think about problems you may have at the moment in a difficult way. I think you should give it a try at your vitamins and see when coller weather arrives you still have the sleeping problems and feeling tires. Well, probably I am not a good advisor, I don;t ike to go to the doctors only do that when it reallly is necessary, and I can hold that off a long time LOL.
But keep an eye on yourself, if this all takes too long, may be a little physical check would do some good.
Oh yes, show some pictures of Pogo in his new shirts.!
Have a great weekend
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

These photos are terrific...glad you can use your plan and get a little snooze in when you can...Pogo will love snuggling in for a catnap...LOL! Hugs! Mat