Sunday, August 12, 2012

Come Back Soon, Sassy

August 12, 2012

Good afternoon.  Wow, I slept good this morning.  I got up earlier for Pogo, then went right back to bed.  I surely needed the sleep though because lately it's been hard to come by. 

The weekend weather held up, and Deanne and Eddie and the kids had a wonderful time away.   They got back around 9 o'clock last night and came by to pick up Sassy girl.  After that, the house got so quiet, (no barking) and my little guy kept looking for his playmate.  We're going to have to do  this from time to time.

Once Pogo and Sassy decided it was more fun to play nice, they had a wonderful time together.  And when they weren't playing, they were napping together. 




Did anyone see the light show last night, or rather early this morning?  I did not get to see it, but I will try again tonight while I'm at work.  Some of the photos that were shown on TV were fabulous. 

On TV, I also listened to a presidential spokesman telling us how the President is doing his best to figure out how to lessen and fix the problem of the extreme drought in this country.  What the man did not say was exactly what is going to be done.  We have areas that are flooded and yet, there is still nothing being done about transporting all that water to other parts of the country. 

I've been saying for years, and I'll say it again, we need a water pipeline system to transport water to drought areas.  Folks, if you know a politician, please pass this idea on.  And if you do get any feedback, please let me know.  I won't hold my breath.  Politicians don't seem to relish any ideas that that benefit someone other than themselves.

Do any of you have Rose of Sharon bushes in your yards?  Can you tell me something about it's blossoms?  Mine was a very late bloomer, but once it got started, several blossoms open at the same time.  But, after two days of blooming, the blossoms fall off to the ground.  Is this normal?  I never really had a reason to notice this before.

There's not much news for today, so I'm off now to do some laundry.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sorry I didn't come by sooner, but somehow I just forgot to look at my blog readerslist. Oh you had some great time with your guest and then Pogo together LOL! They are so adorable when they are quiet together, sleeping on the furry blanket. And how smart they are not going out in pouring rain ROFL.
Hopefully you get a bit more sleep for the next days! I know all about it, waking up after two hours of sleep and then after an hour or two getting back to bed for another short sleep for 3 hours. It's not great fun. But I must say, at the moment I sleep rather well again. SHHHH!
Jan at work now, but will be home at about 23.00 p.m.
Going to watch a bit the closing ceremony of the Olympics.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Those two doggies look so sweet together.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

glad you are finally getting some much needed sleep. Bet it is quiet with just you and Pogo now, no gossiping between the pups to wake you up...LOL! Have a terrific week ahead! Hugs, Mat