Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh No! Daughter Brought The Rain With Her!

March 4, 2012

Ah, good morning on this rainy, gray and rather wet morning.  Audrey got here around 9:30 last night, and shortly thereafter the rains came too.  Now I have to decide whether or not I should send her back home.  I want sunshine!!  And warm temps!!  (Only kidding folks. She's bigger than me!)

I'm watching the news on TV about the devasting tornadoes that went through the Southern part of the country these past few days.  The death tolls keep adding up.   One toddler in Kentucky was blown miles away and dropped into a field.  Her family did not survive the tornado.  The child is in the hospital now and will be taken care of by extended family.

To make matters worse, there is a father on TV whose son was injured during the war in Iraq.  The soldier has physical and mental wounds that will prevent him from  ever working or leading a normal life again, and Mr. Obama has once again cut the military benefits.  The Dad just wants to know, "Pres. Obama are you going to take care of my boy?"

I hate to say it, but this president has been really busy cutting benefits for anyone needy in our country.  Children, veterans and the elderly.  He's been so busy making sure that there is plenty of money to ship all around the world and to big business.  Why doesn't he cut the benefits and salaries of government workers, including his own instead?

Did he get my vote last election?  No.  Will he get it this upcoming election?  No.  I'm not sure any of the other candidates is much of a prize, but I've already seen what this president has done and I 've had my fill of him.  Sorry if this bothers a lot of readers, but we are all entitled to our own beliefs.

That's it for today's rant and rave.  Yesterday was a nice lazy day for Tootsie and me.   Aside from taking a couple of walks, we did nothing!    We met a nice lady on one of our walks, and she walked with us  for a while.   She was such a sweet little old lady, and a cancer survivor.  Then I found out how old she was.  A couple of months younger than me.  Oops!  Makes me wonder if I look like a sweet little old lady to other folks.

When we got back from one of our walks, I looked up and noticed the branches in the trees swaying in the breeze.  But one branch was swaying a lot more than the others.  And here's the reason why. 


There was a little squirrel way up on the end of a branch near the top of the tree, eating all sorts of goodies.   Isn't he just the cutest?    I also tried to photograph a butterfly.  But he just wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a nice shot of his wings spread out.


I've taken hundreds of photos of the beautiful flora growing here.  I love hibiscus, and they have them in so many beautiful colors here.  Here is a light pink blossom.


That's it for this morning.  I think I'll make another cup of coffee and get dressed.  The rain has dried up and the sun is shining again.  I think we will visit the flea market again, and then ride around to find some birds.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

What a beautiful hibiscus. Definitely more flowers in Florida than Texas.

smiekeltje said...

Good that you have Audrey for company now. It wasn't nice of her though, to bring along some rain, but never mind, it's good for the plants and it stopped again.
You've made already some great pictures! I could have done one here, really great one, but I was too late. You'll read it on my blog.
Just keep enjoying your lovely time in Florida.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

The rain’s not so bad, really. We have snow! It’s covering the ground, flocked on the trees and covering my crocuses! We even have icicles this morning!

I agree that the cuts are awful, yet congress says they aren’t enough. I’m starting to understand the Occupy movement. For as much as they get for free, do elected officials really need any more than about $30K a year?? (That was going to be what I accepted as a Presidential salary if I’d been elected in 2004.)

Don’t worry about the sweet old lady thing, Edna. Old is part attitude and part respect. Okay, and part gray hair too. lol If someone does think you’re an old lady, it’s because they realize you’re wiser than they are!

Butterflies are stubborn as photo subjects! It’s still a nice side view and of course, you know I like the squirrel photo!

I hope you and Audrey have a fabulous time with the flea market and finding some more birds for photos!

Hugs, Nani