Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just Two Days Left To Enjoy This Gorgeous Weather

March 8, 2012

My, it's just gorgeous this morning.  I've just finished packing my "mail away" box, and will take it to the post office later today and mail it to myself back home.  Now it's time to enjoy a cup of coffee on the porch. 

My cold seems to be not so bad this morning.  Audrey has been making me down the Allka Seltzer Plus stuff every so many hours.  Aside from not much voice, the rest of my cold seems to be trying to heal.  I would like to see it mostly gone before I board the plane Saturday morning because the bad air on the plane usually makes respiratory problems much worse. 

This past Tuesday, we took a drive up to visit with my son.  It was quite a nice drive, and we had a wonderful day.  It was good to spend time with him.  The guy that he rooms with has two beautiful rescue dogs.  Of course, I took photos of them which I will put on a disk and mail to my son.  This is CoCo, better known as Midgi.


And this is Savannah, who is ever so gentle.


In both dogs' faces, you can see the pain they've endured yet they are still trusting and caring.  All they ever wanted was a little love.  Well, they have lots of that now.

I also took a photo of the Florida Highway Sanitation Department workers getting ready to start their day's work.  Sorry it's not so clear, but it was taken through the windshield.


On the tree just outside our porch, there are two mourning doves perched on a branch.  On a nearby tree, there is a little squirrel doing his darndest to convince the doves to move and let him have that tree.  But for now, the doves aren't moving. 

Yesterday, we walked around a flea market for a couple of hours, and did a bit of food shopping.  That  was our excitement for the day.  Today, I will do a load of laundry, and then we will visit Old Town again.   I was kind of hoping to do the helicopter ride this year, but my cold is holding me back.  I'll have to give it some more thought.

Well, that's all the news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I sure hope your cold gets better so you can enjoy your warm weather. The only thing making the ice and cold up here feel okay is knowing I won't have to deal with it much longer....hopefully.

smiekeltje said...

it's such a pity that great times, that you enjoy pass away so quickly! Only 2 more days and you have to go home. Best I can say is..make most of the last days there(hoping you cold gets away!).
Those two dogs are adorable!
Hugs
Kyra