Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back Home Again

March 11, 2012

Good morning and it's great to be home.  Yesterday we arrived back in Boston a little after 11 a.m.  Eddie and Kevin picked us up at the airport, thank goodness.  I could not have handled the luggage and everything else alone.   Tootsie and I had a great flight and met a very interesting passenger.  An underwater construction worker.  Wow!  I never knew anyone who did this type of work.  Very interesting!

Once we got home and said our "hellos", we headed straight for our cozy little bed.  After a three hour nap, we got up and made something to eat, took care of meds and unpacked the suitcase.  Then it was bedtime again.  We had a lot of sleep to catch up on.

This morning my cold seems a bit better, except for the coughing.  Thank goodness for Audrey's Alka Seltzer Plus stuff.  Without it, I think my cold would still be quite horrid.  Thank you Audrey!  I guess the only really bad part of our vacation was the computer problems.  My good laptop that Wayne took home to fix is not in very good shape.  Whatever bad Google bug it picked up really did a number on it.  In order to fix it, everything will have to be wiped off, and all programs re-installed.  And even that is not yet guaranteed. 

However, Wayne is going to Paris for a vacation and won't be able to do much more work on my laptop until afterwards.  So my computer woes will have to sit on hold for a couple more weeks.  Did I mention Paris a minute ago?  I tried my best to talk Wayne into taking me to Paris with him, but it did not work.  He's taking his girlfriend instead.  Oh well, I tried.

I have some photos to share that I took around the grounds of our resort.  This will show you what a pretty and peaceful setting it was.  I've been coming to this resort for more than 25 years now and it is still quite lovely.





This week, I have two weeks of Project Runway All Stars and The Worst Cooks In America to catch up with.  Thank goodness for DVR and scheduled recordings.  Everything was set up to tape while I was away.   One of the best things about being back home is all my favorite TV programs.  None of them were available at the resort. 

Now I think I shall stuff this adorable little body into some clothes and go out to pick up a few groceries.   Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Welcome home - glad to hear you and Tootsie are home safe and sound. I can't even imagine what an underwater construction worker does - that had to be an interesting conversation.

smiekeltje said...

Welcome home again, how quick a vacation can pass!
But the nice thing of it is to come home again and have everything around you again that wasn;t at the resort LOL.
Hope you get rid of the remaining coldBad thing your laptop isn't in good shape to say the least. Oh Paris! Wayne is lucky! Sorry, he wouldn.t take you with him ROFL! If he would have, you even might have had a chance to take the train and after an hour of 5 you would be in my town and spend a couple of days here. Let's keep dreaming!
Have to get posting my blog now, I am really late today.
Hugs
Kyra