Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Love Country Music

February 4, 2010

So far, no snow this morning. The sun is shining and it looks to be quite lovely outside. Mind you, it's still too cold to go out and frolic in the yard. At least for these old bones. Tonight is soon enough, as I have to fill in at work for a sick co-worker.

Daughter in law, Janet, has come to my rescue, and offered to come help me with these dreaded taxes. I don't know why I dislike them so, but they actually give me a headache and a bad case of anxiety. If only they could be like laundry. I like doing the laundry. I could do it all day. And I know why I like it. When I get it all done, you can actually see that I did something. As for the rest of the housework, I could work all day, and you would never guess that I had been busy at it.

Last night, I finished up another challenge. The "Favorites" challenge this month is about our favorite type of music and why we like it so. My favorite is good old fashioned country music. I don't like the new hip hoppy-pop rock so called "country" music. Sometimes change is not so good. I believe there is room for all kinds of music without infusing one into another. As a child, our home was always filled with the sounds of country music.

When "rock 'n roll" came along, I found a second type of music to enjoy. Alas, even that was changed in later years to some metally acid type of "rock." Don't get me wrong, it's good to have so many different types of music. I'm just not thrilled about turning the good old fashioned stuff into a clone of another genre. Now that I have done my "spouting off," let me show you my two page "Favorites" layout.




Some years ago, a friend and I drove to Nashville, Tennessee to explore the home of country music. The following year, we went back to spend a week for the Fan Fare celebration. This was when all the big stars came together, and for a week we had lots of free concerts, and up close and personal visits with the country music singers. Naturally, we got a lot of autographs, and had our pictures taken with the stars. While we were there, we even got to visit the Grand Old Opry. Wow!! What a fantastic, heavenly week!
*
Today, I shall check out a link that my friend Mary Ann sent me. It's time to look up where the best places are for photographing Kissimmee's fauna and flora. My goodness!! Only 24 more days, and I shall be basking in the wonderful warmth of Florida.
*
Now I must get ready for another visit from the furnace/plumber repairmen. We have not had any hot water for a few days, and it is becoming not so funny any more. It almost seems like they break something when they are fixing something else so that they can come back again. Of course, this is not the case, but it seems that way.
*
It is time for Tootsie's meds now, too. So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: