Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Does Rover Need Dentures?

February 17, 2010
This morning is quite sunny and bright. Yesterday and last night, we managed to get a fair share of snow. I was awake during the night when the snowplow came and plowed out the middle of our driveway. (Our driveway is like a small parking lot.)

Moo was busy shoveling yesterday, and today is not feeling so well. He says his throat is a bit scratchy. Oh dear, I hope he does not get very sick. We are like the blind leading the blind here. Man, woman, dog - all hobbling about tending to each other!!

I'm sitting here wondering what I am going to use for a picture to share today, when one of my favorite TV commercials comes on. This ad is about doggie dental treats, and features doggies showing off their "Doggie Dentures." I photographed them right off the television.



You just gotta love these ads!! At the same time, the animal shelter ads that they are showing on the TV are breaking my heart. If I could, I would gather up all these poor babies, and bring them home with me.
*
Now I have to start getting ready for my doctor appointment. I am a slow mover, so it takes me a while to get dressed. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

I love the dentured doggies! :)

I know what you mean by the shelter ads. Between the Humane Society ads about abused animals and the stories in the paper about pets that were abandoned or brought to shelters when their families had to move or could no longer afford to care for them...well, that's how Carla ended up joining our family! If we could have cared for more, we'd have brought home Shannon from Paws and Whiskers too! Thank goodness our sponsoring her helped her get adopted!

David's Mom loved cats and before she married and had kids, her will at the time donated the value of her estate to the Humane Society in New York. We're going to sponsor another cat at Paws in her name.

Hobble carefully and repair! The comment you left for my glasses post? I certainly did fall and sported a black, blue and chartreuse face for a week and a half! I still have the bone bruise, so please - HOBBLE CAREFULLY!!! :)