Saturday, February 6, 2010

Grackles, Grackles Everywhere!

February 6, 2010

Guess what it's doing outside my window this morning. Sunny? No. Raining? No. Snowing? Yup!! I'm thankful I'm not further south with another two feet of snow, but enough is enough!! This morning looks to be only a small amount coming down. But later today, we'll have a better idea of how much we're going to get this time.

Yesterday, I happened to look out the window at just the right moment. Hoards of Grackles were flying down and zooming in on the bird feeder in the backyard. (At least I think they were Grackles. I looked them up in my bird book.) Up to now, I've only seen them in small groups. This time, there must have been a couple of hundred of them. Naturally, I had my camera on continuous shoot, and got tons of photos. Today, I will share four of them and save the others for another day.

Amazing!! It took me over an hour to finally decide which four photos to post here, and it only took me a few seconds to upload them to the post.
*
How about some good news? Yeah-h-h-h!! We have hot water again! Yesterday, my son-in-law Eddie, who is an electrician, came by and fixed the problem. Seems the hot water heater wasn't hooked up properly. Thank you, Eddie. We don't realize how much we rely on having hot water until we don't have it anymore.
*
I'm off tonight, and my Tootsie is quite pleased with that. I have to say that she was not so pleased last night knowing that she was getting a bath now that the hot water was fixed. But she lived through it! Uncle Moo, on the other hand, was glad to have his room smelling fresh again.
*
My Tootsie's gassy fumes just about drove Moo right out of his own room Thursday night. Seems he had to open his bedroom door and turn on the fan to blow the delightful aromas out of his room. Atta girl, Tootsie!!
*
Now I shall leave you and make myself a nice hot cup of coffee. Y'all have a fantabulous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Lol- Go Tootsie !!!! I love the colours of these birds ! Never seen that kind before.Lucky you , being off work-I'm going to catch a nap now so that I'm fit for my nightshift.I could have taken it off, but that would have meant Roy would have had to do 7 in one go- 6 is bad enough, and the poor man is busy packing boxes because he's moving as well. Say hello to Uncle Moo ,lol - and congrats to Tootsie for her "chemical warfare" attempt,ha hah! Hugs Snowy

Anonymous said...

Love your photos, those Grackles are so gorgeous! Congrats on the hot water again! :)