Monday, January 13, 2020

Winter Temps Are Back

January 13, 2020

Good morning.  Tis quite a bit different today than it was yesterday.  The cold temps are back.  Ah well, it is Winter.  But the good news is that Spring is definitely coming.  In a couple of months.  Right now it's gray and 39F degrees here, and we may see the temperature rise another degree or two by tonight. 

I looked up at the tree tops in my yard (yesterday afternoon) and thought that the sun looked ever so pretty shining on the tree tops.  This photo was taken through the kitchen window.


Yesterday was another busy day.  Mostly for Joe.  He's been doing most of the work on cleaning the two empty rooms.  I did order the new rug for one of the rooms.  That should be here in a few days.  The mattresses will arrive sometime today.  Hopefully I'll be able to get these rooms occupied soon.  There's never a dull day when you have a rooming house. 

I finally got around to repotting a couple plants yesterday.  I'll take a photo today.  One was a Bird Of Paradise plant.  It was getting so tall and almost falling out of its pot.  The other was an Aloe Vera plant that also outgrew its pot quite a while ago.  If I have enough dirt left, I have a couple Christmas Cactus that need to be repotted.

I found something interesting on the web last night and downloaded it to share here.  If you're like me, this will really make you feel old.


Actually, there have been fourteen presidents during my lifetime so far.  They are: Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1933 - 1945), Harry S. Truman, Dwight David Eisenhower, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Rudolph Ford, James Earl Carter, Jr., Ronald Wilson Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton, George Walker Bush, Barak Hussein Obama, and Donald John Trump.

I've also been here long enough to see two queens of England:  Queen Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth II.  Kind of makes a person feel a tad bit old.  (but super lucky!)

Here's another great quote that I borrowed from the web to share here.  How true this is.


That's my news for today.  Now I'm off to make some breakfast and a hot cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I bet it is interesting having a rooming house. It is nice to meet new people and I know that they appreciate you. Enjoy your day dear friend, stay warm and cozy! HUGS!

stamps3223 said...

While your transplanting your plants Christmas cactus like to be pot bound. They'll bloom better that way.