Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Time To Start Planning For My Vacation

January 8, 2020

The sun is shining, and the temperature is 31F degrees.  The forecast for the weekend is temps that reach sixty and, of course, rain.  Then the cold temps will be back. 

Here's a photo of my great grandson Carmelo.  He had to have oral surgery, and spent the day resting on the sofa with his new favorite blankey.  (the afghan I gave him for Christmas)  Melo, I hope you are feeling much better today.  Meema loves you. 


My heart hurts for all the people and animals whose lives have been lost in the fires in Australia.  Did you know that more than a half billion animals lost their lives to the fires?  I read on Facebook that crafters are being asked to knit, crochet and sew pouches, wraps, mittens, etc. for the animals that have survived.

 My problem is that I cannot find the page with the patterns for these items.  If anyone knows how to find this page or how to find these patterns, could you please let me know?  I'd really appreciate it.

Today I'm going to start researching for my airline tickets to Florida.  I also need to find a folding basket for my walker.  (rollator)  So far, I haven't been able to find one.  If I can't find one, I may not be able to take the walker with me.  That could be a problem.  Maybe.  I could take my old walker,  It might be easier to find a folding basket for that one. 

Actually taking either walker is going to be a nuisance.  It's difficult to pull a suitcase when you have a walker, doggy carrier, and carry on bag.  Hmm, maybe if I put my clothes in a box and mail it to myself in Florida, I can eliminate the need for the suitcase?  Just a thought.  That could make it workable.

I found another really interesting item on the web and downloaded it to share with you.  The thought of this makes me smile.


Now it's time to do a bit of blog reading before I start on today's chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Happy New Year my friend! I am very behind commenting but trying to stay on target with my blog and life is not always easy as you well know. I hope that sweet grand boy is good as new quickly. He looked quite cozy with his beautiful afghan. I just do not think there is anything better than something made from the heart. I love your plan about mailing yourself your necessities while on vacation. The cold seems to hang on but we had a big snowstorm during the pre Thanksgiving days so we are not expecting much of anything. AT least they tell us that daily!
Stay safe and warm. Always a pleasure to be here. Take care.

HUGS LOVE PRAYERS

Theresa said...

What a cutie with his new blankey, I pray he feels better soon. It is very sad about the fires in Australia:( SO SAD for all the people and animals. You could ship your things to Florida, that's a great idea. My Son-in-law shipped his golf clubs recently when they visited Hawaii. It worked great and he didn't have to tug that big bag around at the airport. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

I think I found something for the patterns for Australia:

https://cheezburger.com/10205189/crafters-unite-patterns-needed-for-australia-animal-rescue-complete-guide

Copy the link and you will get there.

Hugs
Kyra