Friday, January 10, 2020

Temps Are Warming Up A Bit

January 10, 2020

Good morning.  Today is lovely.  The temperature is 37F degrees and headed to 48F degrees later this afternoon, according to my phone app.  However, the weatherman on TV says it will get up to 60F degrees today.  Hmmm, one of these forecasters has had a bit too much moonshine.

Another book that I had ordered has come, and I'm finding it quite interesting.  It's called "Reader's Digest FOOD CURES."   Have you figured out by now that I enjoy books?


Yesterday, I watched a video by Matt Kloskowski, the author of the photo classes that I signed up for.  The video showed us how he had edited a lot of his favorite photos using Light Room and Photoshop.  I saw that I do a lot of the same editing using just Photoshop, and that I have a lot more to learn.

Deanne came by for a while yesterday afternoon and we had a nice visit until it was time for her to pick Jasmine up at work.  As they rode through the park on their way home, Deanne stopped to take this beautiful photo of the moon over one of the ponds.  Thank you for sharing this Deanne.


Last night I watched what used to be one of my favorite programs on TV, Project Runway.  I love watching the designers turn fabrics into beautiful clothes.  However, these last few years, the so called fashions just aren't fashionable anymore.  The judges seem to be enjoying ragged, trashy looking things.  Just my opinion. 

It seems the more horrible and poorly made an item is, the judges seem to love it more.  No matter how much they applaud these so called fashions, I have yet to see anyone actually buying and/or wearing this stuff.  Every now and then, a designer comes up with a really lovely outfit, but they don't get very far with the judges.  It's so sad.

I've decided that I'm going to start putting more old photos into my posts so that the family can enjoy them later in my blog books.  Back in the 1990's my best friend from high school, Ginny May and I had some fun traveling.  In this photo, we were getting ready to leave on one of our trips to Nashville, Tennessee.  We shared the driving, and stopped to enjoy some beautiful places along the way.  She left this world just a few years later.  I'm so glad I have this photo.  (left - me, right - Ginny May)


This is our high school graduating class, 1957.  We are the 6th (me) and 5th (Ginny) in from the right in the front row.  I tried to put a circle around us on the photo, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet in the new Photoshop so I made a cropped close up.



Oh my, so many wonderful memories of all the things in life that we shared.  You are sorely missed, my friend.

Well, that does it for today.  After I finish a bit of blog reading, I really must tackle a few chores around here.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Love all the photos Edna, the moon over the pond is spectacular, and the older ones I am sure bring fond memories, looks like you had a fairly large graduating class too.
One of the reasons I enjoy taking photos is all of the memories they make, no matter when we look at them it always takes us back to that moment in time. I think posting these photos for your blog book is so awesome..
Have a blessed day.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I also enjoy looking at photos, Edna, and today too many people only share them online or on their devices. But, I order reprints and still put photos in albums - imagine still doing that! Thanks for sharing the photos and rememberances of your good friend, Ginny. It's ewarming up this weekend in NH as well.

Steve Reed said...

Love the old photos! The one of your high school class is terrific. We never did an all-class photo.

Latane Barton said...

I love the old pictures. It's so important to hang on to the wonderful memories that we have. Have a great weekend.