Thursday, January 30, 2020

Just 49 Days Till Spring

January 30, 2020

Good morning.  Today is sunny and cold.  But the good news is that Spring is only 49 days away.  And before that, Pogo and I will get to bask in the warm sunshine of Florida for two weeks.  Woo Hoo! 

Well, yesterday I got really brave and decided to set up my new little laptop so that I could start using it.  I need to get familiar with it before I leave for Florida.  I guess I don't have to tell you how badly I messed it all up.  The book that I bought to help me wasn't printed for folks like me. 

Don't get me wrong.  I am not a dummy.  But I don't know how to set up my Microsoft Surface Go laptop.  At least not without a readable book of instructions.  (and maybe not even then)  Why can't Microsoft (or someone)  print a manual for users like me?  I discovered (too late) that there are a lot of users like me on line looking for a user manual that is written in plain English. 

Yes, there are a lot of videos available that will teach these things, but I just can't sit at my regular laptop for hours trying to learn from them.  Maybe when I was thirty years younger, but not now.  I even went online to see if there were any classes available that I could attend.  No such luck!

I called my daughter Audrey, and she will try to help me over the phone.  Otherwise, I may have to pay to have it set up so that I can use it.  Best Buy has staff that can do that.  Actually, I think that might be my best bet.  I'll call them today to see if this can be done at our local store. 

Ever wonder what to do with old pieces of furniture other than putting them out with the trash?  I found this great idea on the web and wanted to share it here.  What a wonderful way to use the piece of furniture.  What child wouldn't love to have this little kitchen?


Today I think I'll work on my tax stuff.  Then tomorrow I have to go to the Town Hall and pay my property taxes.  I'm hoping that Saturday is a nice day because Deanne says she'll take me shopping.  Pogo and I are  really looking forward to this outing.  It's been a while since he's been out shopping.

I have another giggle for you.  Here's hoping it starts your day with a smile.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I have been working on tax stuff this morning. Not fun but has to be done at some point. I hope you get your new laptop set up. Pick me up on your way to the Florida:). Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

setting up any new items, whether a PC, tablet, phone, TV, etc. can be somewhat of a challenge, Edna so you re definitely not alone in your frustration. We use Apple devices and thankfully there is an Apple retail store in a nearby mall so we can drive there and ask questions if needed. Recently, my husband and I upgraded out iPads and I will admit to not knowing all the things they are capable of doing. Like yourself, it's sometimes hard to watch videos, but I do try to find one to answer a question and sometimes they have been quite helpful. I hope that Best Buy Geek Squad can help and without a big cost.

Steve Reed said...

Ugh! Computers! Do you have to do much to set it up? I think Apples come pretty much ready to go -- I don't remember doing much set-up at all.