Friday, January 3, 2020

Finding Lost Files

January 3, 2020

Good morning.  Goodness, I'm getting a late start today.  The temperature is 44F degrees and it is overcast.  No sunshine today.  We should start getting rain late tonight and all day tomorrow. 

I woke up hungry super early this morning.  So I got up, made some breakfast for Pogo and me, then went back to bed for some more winks.  Mornings like this make retirement a good thing. 

Yesterday, I spent a few hours trying to locate all of my pdf blog book files.  (When I order a blog book, I also purchase the pdf file.)  Some time back, I lost a lot of files from my laptop and exterior hard drive.  I managed to get a few of them back, but a lot of important files were still missing. 

So I've been looking through my different media (external hard drives and thumb drives) hoping to find my missing book pdf files.  Finally, I found them all.  Now they are stored in three places.  I do not want to lose them again. 

The next thing I did was try to make my newest blog book.  Unfortunately, after three tries, I contacted the company and found out that they were having a technical problem with their web site.  They would get back to me as soon as they fixed this problem.  Within an hour, all was fixed and I was able to upload and order my new book.  And, I got to use a 40% off coupon.  Woo Hoo!  Here are the covers for my new book.


By the time I finished with these two projects, I did not feel like cooking the meat sauce.  So, that will be the first thing I do today after I finish my blog reading.  Plus I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee because the first cup tasted so good. 

Yesterday's mail started the New Year off with a bang.  It brought two new property tax bills.  Oh my, it seems like property has increased in value and the tax bills have gotten larger.  And, I'll be blessed with these bills three more times this year.  Well isn't that nice!  I imagine the utility taxes went up too.  Aye yi yi!

On a more fun note, I've decided to keep posting old photos from time to time.  I'd like to have them in my blog books to leave for my family.  So I'll start with this one.  It's a favorite of mine.  These are my four eldest children.  From left to right, Gary Jr, Audrey, Kerri and Deanne.  (1963)


Before I take my leave, let me share with you a fun story from a little book that I have.  (The Bathroom Joke Book) 


I'm off to do some blog reading now.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yes, retirement is great when you decide in the morning to get a few more winks LOL!!!
What a wonderful thing you found all your files again.
And oh my, soon we will have the property taxbill also in the mailbox. Brrrrrr, I don;t want to think about it, because here the prices of houses went up like crazy the last year or two.
Payabble houses or appartments are scares these days, it is hard for a young couplle to find a home and it is ever so difficult to get a mortgage so they are kind of trapped. Specially people who do a study(most at university) and they must take a loan to pay for the study, then when they have finished they have to pay it back That together with trying to get a loan to buy a house is very difficult.
The rents also are high, it is very difficult to become an appartement in the lower rent prices, there aren;t enough of them.
You remember the "doing one thing a day"idea?
Well, we did that today again. I even did a bit more. Jan and I already took away part of the Christmasdecoration, so we will not have to do that much when all will be taken off.
We always let the manger stay till the 6th of January, when the Kings visit little Jesus, and also the Christmastree.
So that will be for next week.
Now you have a lovely day and evening and a good night!
Hugs
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Edna, I loved the video you posted so much that I had to go back and watch it again. I also have to tell you that the little joke of the rooster is just so funny. I am still laughing.

I love the photograph of your children. Such a beautiful picture. Perhaps that one should be put on Canvas. It is really a lovely photo. Hugs and kisses... xxx

Theresa said...

Love that picture of your Children, beautiful! Retirement is wonderful, I think I'll keep doing it:) I am so far behind with so much, I may never catch up. I am WAY behind on reading blogs and I miss it. Catching up is hard to do once you fall behind. One day at a time, that's all we can do! Have a blessed evening dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

What website do you use to create your blog books? I've considered ordering a blog book, but my blog is so big at this point I can't imagine they could fit it into fewer than eight volumes!

Buttercup said...

Retirement is the best! Hope we all can enjoy it for many healthy years.