Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Decisions, Decisions!

January 28, 2020

Good morning.  Tis 37F degrees and a bit grayish outside this morning.  It's a great day for climbing back under the covers, but I won't.  Today I want to box up the afghans that are being given away and hopefully, they can be mailed out by the end of the week. 

I guess now I have to decide on colors for the next two afghans.  Of course, I'm not complaining.  I love picking out new yarn.  I received my new Herrschners catalog, only to find that Red Heart Yarn is eliminating a batch of colors.  Sadly, some of these are my favorite yarn colors.  I may pick up some of them because they are half price while they last.

How does a light or medium Fern Green, Lavender and a variegated mix of both of these colors sound?  On the color chart, they look really nice.  There's even some beautiful browns that will look great with a variegated yarn that I have.    Hmmm, such a choice to make!

Do any of you use Vicks VapoRub?  I found this image on the web and thought I'd share it with you.  I wasn't aware of all these different uses for this salve.  This is good to know.  And yes, I do have a jar of it in my medicine cabinet.

I also have to think about getting a new printer soon.  My printer is good, but if one color runs a bit low, it doesn't print until that color is replaced.  And the ink is expensive.  Also, my printer is not a copier.  That's what I need the most.  So I'm thinking of looking at the HP All In One printers that are eligible for the Instant Ink program.  (I think that's what it's called.) 

With this program, the ink will automatically be replaced before it is gone, and it is not very expensive.  I think if you go to HP.com you can find a list of all their printers that are eligible for this program.  (HP is Hewlett Packard)

I found another great idea on the web and borrowed it to share here.  This is a wonderful way to remember a beloved pet.


Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading before getting started on today's chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I'm not going to be wrapping anyone's sock around my throat anytime soon. Not even my own!

My mom had a lavender, green and brown afghan and it was a great color combo. (I wonder if she still has it? My grandmother made it, as I recall.)

LV said...

Very familiar with Vicks. We were raised on Vicks. Out mother thought it cured everything. In fact, my sister that lives in MS had an accident a few years ago and broke her hip. At hospital, they asked what medicines she took. Said she used only Vicks and Tylenol. When she left hospital, doctor's release stated continue using your current medicines. Nurses were shocked.

Annsterw said...

I love that pet bowl idea! So sweet!

stamps3223 said...

When looking for a new printer try checking out the eco tank ones. The ink is even cheaper than the instant ink program at HP. I had that and it was nothing but a head ache. I replaced then with Epson eco tanks. I have a small one that prints and copies and got it for under $200.00 It comes with a years supply of ink and each replacement ink bottle is only $12.99.

Theresa said...

We used Vicks when I was growing up but I haven't in a long time! I always liked the smell of it:) I can't wait to see the colors you choose! Enjoy your evening dear friend, HUGS!

Buttercup said...

I have the HP Instant Ink program and it's great. Has cut my printing costs a lot. I switched to black and white for my printing -- unless I want color -- and that has cut down on costs, too.

Beth Reed said...

I love the Vicks information. I think that there was just a couple of things that I didn't know. I am a big fan of Vicks and was glad to see this post.

I just love the pet bowl. I have Cisco's dishes. They are metal and they have been turned into food bowls for Oliver. I use one of the bowls for his water bowl at meal times. He also has a very large pot that he has left out for water that is easy to take into the house and out.

Still trying to catch up on blog reading so I will close for now. Lots of love and big hugs. I am yearning for Florida. I just hope that it isn't as hot this coming year as last year. I think that last year was the first time that we used the air conditioning. So perhaps it will be cooler this year. Come on Spring!
xxxx Love to Pogo and to you Edna....xx