Thursday, January 9, 2020

Another New Project

January 9, 2020

Good morning.  Tis a cold one today.  The temperature is only 22F degrees, and we may actually get up to 30F degrees later today.  Tomorrow it should start to warm up a bit.  Did I mention there are only 72 days till Spring?

I spent quite a while yesterday researching my air travel to Florida.  Alas, I did not come up with any good results.  I have some things to check out before I actually book my flight.  Gosh, I hate having to make difficult decisions.  One year I came home from Florida a day early to save a few hundred dollars on my airline ticket.  This year, it won't make a difference.  I may have to pay quite a bit more though, to come home on a flight at a decent time of day.  Ahh, what to do, what to do.

My daughter Audrey did some searching for me and found some patterns for the Australian animals.  If anyone is interested, here's one for a pouch.  It's a photo that I took from the screen on my laptop.  I also looked up the measurements.  12cm = 4.72441 inches, 24cms = 9.44882 inches. On the metric chart, the 4mm crochet hook is size - US G/6 and UK 8.


For those of you struggling to learn Windows 10, I bought another book, a much easier book to understand, and thought I would share this with you.  It's called "Windows 10 Simplified."  I bought it through Amazon.  I actually found answers to a couple of my own questions in this book.  So this is the one I'll stick with.


They should make books like this one for every new piece of technology that comes out.  Young folks tend to learn new things easily and quickly, but us oldies take a while longer to grasp all the new technology that comes along.  I'm talking about me of course.  I bought the "Dummies " book for Windows 10, but the "Simplified" books are so much better.

Well, that's enough learning for today.  I'll leave you with this image that I borrowed from the web.  This is so true!
Now I'm going to make a fresh cup of hot coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Steve Reed said...

It's funny how variable airline ticket prices can be. Hope you find a bargain! (Or at least a more affordable ticket!)