Sunday, January 12, 2020

Another Gorgeous Day Here In New England

January 12, 2020

Good morning.  It's 6:16 a.m.  The temperature is 60F degrees.  Today's high will be 64F degrees in a few hours, and then work its way back down to 32F degrees for the overnight temps.  It's raining lightly (should stop soon) and very windy.  This will be our last super day for a while. 

Pogo and I were up super early this morning, and have already had our breakfast.  You know I'm going to have the munchies around ten or eleven o'clock.  I have to be careful though, because I don't want to gain back the precious few pounds that I've manage to lose.  It takes so long to lose the pounds, and yet we can gain them back so quickly.

Yesterday was quite a busy day here.  We suddenly have two empty rooms, so Joe has been working hard to get them both clean and fresh and ready to rent.  I've been doing laundry, mine, Pogo's and curtains for those rooms.  I also ordered new mattresses and mattress covers.  Next I will have to order a new rug for one of the rooms.  Then I can place an ad in the newspaper.

Today, I think I'll clean my bathroom, then we'll see.  I run out of energy quickly most days.  Yesterday I got lucky and lasted just about all day.  I even cooked an extra supper so that tonight I won't have to cook. 

Deanne has been looking for another kitten for months now.  They just aren't being found.  Today though, I got an email from a friend who runs a small kitten rescue, and she is linking us up with another kitty rescue person who does have a kitten.  Hopefully, this week Deanne and I can go look at this kitten.  And adopt it!

Here's an interesting image that I borrowed from the web to share here.  I did not know this before, did you?


Before I leave and try for a few more winks (Pogo is already sleeping) let me share a couple giggles from my bathroom book. 



Now I'm off to catch up with the sandman for a little while if I can.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

HEHE... thanks for the giggles this morning! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

LV said...

Thanks for the funnies. I needed them.

Sue said...

Your weather sounds like ours, Edna, I didn't know that fact about the frog, so interesting. Thanks for the laughs,
Have a great evening give Pogo a hug for me,, and I hope your daughter finds a kitten.
Sue

smiekeltje said...

Oh you were energetic! Hope you will find a nice person who will rent the rooms.
Wouldn;t it be wonderful if we were able to freeze during the bad weather and thaw up when it was warm and joyous and sunny again? And without getting older during the freezing period of course?
Okay, we would miss some events, but I think you can learn to live with that!
This morning when I woke up, I saw again two parakeets savouring the peanuts and apple. I feel always happier when I wake up and see them sitting on the rosebow.
Okay, Time for the morning tea and some tv then I will ee what I will do today.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra

Barbara said...

Reading your blog here this morning.... thanks for the smiles. That frozen frog story is very interesting.

I'm not wild about reptiles. We have those little Gecko lizards here. Last week we found TWO of them inside our house, and one of them was all the way upstairs! They eat bugs and don't hurt us, but they dart about quickly and can scare the beejeemies out of a person.

Beloved got both of them out of the house although I am pretty sure one of them died in the process.

Annsterw said...

That is crazy about the tree frog!! I HAD NO IDEA!!! WOW!!! Thanks for the funnies...I needed a chuckle this am!

Beth Reed said...

Hi,
I found the photo of the African tree frog fascinating. How incredible life is and how lucky we are to learn about the different species that live on our planet.

I didn't comment on the other blogs, I just kept reading and realized Oh I didn't comment on any of the blogs. Instead of going back I will just add my comments here.

Project Runway has indeed gone down hill. I am able to get it occasionally and the last time I watched it I fell asleep during the program. I guess that tells you how much I was enjoying the program.

I am so sorry that you lost your friend Ginny May. It is so hard losing someone you love so early. I am glad that you have the photo too. It is always so good to look back at some memories.

I loved the photo Deeann took of the moon. How pretty. I have a real love for the moon. It was gorgeous the night that we had the bad storms here. When the storm started clearing I went outside and could see the moon peeking out thru the clouds and it was so lovely and really reminded me of Halloween. I love watching the clouds race across the moon.

I better get off of here and work on my blog. Hugs to you and Pogo and lots of love... xxx