My Pix Show 04

Friday, October 11, 2019

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning

October 11, 2019

Good morning.  And a good morning it is indeed!  I want to thank everyone for your prayers.  They worked and my baby is back home.  (It's raining outside and 51F degrees, but just beautiful here on my sofa.)

Yesterday morning, the doctor called me around 9:30 and said that Pogo was looking good.  He was breathing good but still in the oxygen tent.  However, he had been throwing up all his meds, and not eating.  She was hoping that he would stop throwing up so that he could come home.

At eleven o'clock, Deanne and I went to the hospital to spend some time visiting with Pogo.  Gosh, it felt so good to hold him in my arms and cuddle him.  He felt so tiny, but oh so good.  Here's a photo that Deanne took of us.  I guess he was happy too because he peed all over the front of me.  I took that as a sign of good luck.

While we were there, Pogo drank a lot of water and held it all down.   That was definitely a good sign.  I had taken some food with me but he wasn't interested in it.  I held him for as long as I dared before putting him back in the oxygen tent.  (It's really an enclosed cage with doors and holes to put your hands inside.)

Later in the afternoon, around four o'clock, the doctor called to say that Pogo could come home.  Oh joy!  Oh joy!  Deanne picked me up around five o'clock and we went to the hospital to get my boy.  The nurse gave me some more meds that Pogo has to take and went over the instructions with us.  I paid the bill (Yes, it was huge!) 

In just a little bit, she brought Pogo out to us.  I wrapped him in another new blanket and we headed home.  Can you guess?  Yup, he peed on me on the way home.  I just know this a sign of good luck.  Once we got home and settled on the sofa, I made him a plate of food.  My little guy was super hungry and ate it all up.

It's not a great photo, but I took it with my phone and the lighting was from a lamp.  Plus he was moving and the photos kept coming out blurry.  Pogo has trouble getting the food up off the plate and into his mouth (because he has no lower jaw)  but he kept at it till he had licked the plate clean.

After supper, I started him on his new meds.  I could only give him one of them because I could not get the cover off one of the bottles.  When Joe gets home from work later today, I'll see if he can get the bottle cap off. 

Later in the evening, when I thought his breathing might be a little off, I hooked my oxygen cannula up near him.  He snuggled up near it and went right off to sleep.  I do have a regular concentrator and the portable concentrator, so we can both use the oxygen at the same time if we need to.  When Pogo woke up to make a potty trip to his pee pads, I took the oxygen away.  He slept the whole night peacefully without it. 

Through all of this, my daughter Deanne was like a trouper.  Between taking care of her family, taking care of Bobby and doing his errands, looking after me and running me and Pogo around, I don't know how she held up.  But she did.  I am so thankful for her, and I do love her so.  Pogo loves you too, Auntie!

On the way home from the first trip to the hospital yesterday, I took a few photos of the foliage with my cell phone.  These photos were taken through the windshield too, but at least you can see some of the beautiful colors  that our trees are showing.  Here are just a couple of them.

I have more photos, but I'll save some for tomorrow's post.  Right now, Pogo is sleeping.  I'm curious to see how he will act later today when Joe comes home.  He hasn't had his turkey treat these past couple of days so I'm wondering if he misses it. 

I'm off now to make a cup of coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  Again, thank you for all your prayers.  Till Sunday,, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.


Plain Jane said...

So glad Pogo is home, he looks happy to be home too.

Susan Zarzycki said...

I'm so happy for you and little Pogo! I had a mini Chihauhau named Chloe that had a heart condition for years. It's hard to leave them with the vet and we were so relieved to get her home. She was my baby too. I spent yesterday taking pictures of the leaves here on the Island in Maine. They are at their height right now. We are expecting wind and rain tonight and tomorrow.

Theresa said...

Oh what wonderful news! SO happy that Pogo is home and pray that he continues to do GREAT! Love the Fall colors and can't wait to see more. It has been SO hot here that our colors aren't doing so good YET. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear Pogo hasn't been well! I must have missed that post -- I'll catch up now. I'm glad you have family around to help you manage all this activity! If Pogo is eating that seems like a very good sign.

smiekeltje said...

I am so reliefed that Pogo is doing allright and is home with you again!!!
Now he has to relax and eat well and hopefully the meds will help him too.
I kind of know how you felt when you got the caal that Pogo could come home and that he slept well and also ate his whole plate of food.
And you are right that Deanne is a real trooper! She is just marvellous!
Give her a big hug from me, because I am so happy she takes so good care of youIas well as her family does too).
Big hug to you and a sweet cuddel for Pogo.

Angelicastar said...

Deanne is a trooper for you all and it's so great that she is there to give a lending hand. It helps the mind to have someone by your side when things are tough. Let's keep Pogo in our prayers and hope nothing else happen to that little boy. To both of you, have a great and relaxing day. I know today is a lot brighter with that little boy doing okay. God do answer our prayers if we ask.

Phyllis said...

I have 2 very loved cats at 15 now with old age ills and I will do anything for them.
I was praying when I logged into your post that I would see happy news and tears ran down my face while reading your blog. I was so happy for you because I know how much you love Pogo. Pogo's early life was not so nice but your love and caring for him has made up for all of that. He is blessed for having you to take care of him and love him. His wetting in your arms was a sign that he was very happy to see you and be in your arms and to show you that he loves you also.
Your Happy Day

Laurel Wood said...

I am so happy and thankful for answered prayers. I love these photos of Pogo and you and I know you must be so thrilled to have him home to cuddle. Deanne is a treasure and I know you are blessed to have her. xoxo

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I'm just now catching up reading my favorite blogs, and so very sorry to read about Pogo, but happy that he is home once again, and hope that he continues on the recovery path.
I know how worrying it can be when our fur babies become ill, having six Yorkshire Terriers at once, there seemed to always be a worry or two.
Deanne is a blessing.

Beth Reed said...

Oh Edna,
I was so sad to hear this news. I am so sorry that on the phone you didn't tell me he was ill. You mentioned a voicemail but I have no new voicemails. I hate my phone at times. Oh my gosh... how scared you must have been! My heart is throbbing now and a huge lump in my throat. Oh my gosh how scary. I know he must have been scared too.

Deanne honey if your reading this, you really are a Trooper... your so loving and giving to everyone in your family and beyond. Thank you for being a great Auntie to Pogo.

Hugs and cuddles and kisses... xxx Beth

Dee Jaynes said...

I love you and pogo mom and you know I’d do anything for you xoxo

Kathy said...

So glad to hear that Pogo is home. I know he will do better with you taking care of him .