Tuesday, February 12, 2019

It's Hard To Put A Good Book Down

February 12, 2019

Good afternoon.  Yup, I slept late today.  Actually, I was up all night reading a book.  I'm bad, I just don't know enough to put the book down and go to bed.  It was such an interesting story that I had to keep reading till the end.  The book is "The Secret Daughter" by Kelly Rimmer.

"The Secret Daughter" is about adoption back in the early days when unwed mothers were looked upon as a disgrace, and giving the babies up for adoption was the only option for these girls.  Ms. Rimmer has two more books, "When I Lost You" and "Me Without You."  I plan to look for both of them on Amazon and get the Kindle editions. 

***I just checked on Amazon Books, and Ms. Rimmer has a couple other books and a new coming out in May.  I guess I'll be busy reading for a while.  If you're a Prime member, you can read a lot of these books for free if you don't want to buy them.  It's worth checking out.

Yesterday, Pogo was just sitting and looking at me in such an adorable way that I just had to try to capture it with a photo.  He surprised me by letting me get the photo.  Just one, though.  I'll share the photo of my fluffy little guy because he gets his hair cut on Thursday.  I'll have to post another photo of him then. 


It's still too cold to get his hair cut short, so I might just ask the groomer to only cut it half as long.  I'll see how it goes when we get to her shop.  Whether his hair is long and shaggy or short and neat, my Pogo is such a handsome fellow. 

You know, we are in the middle of Flu season.  Yet, lots of folks still don't understand that your doggies can get the flu too.  It's not fun for us, and it's definitely not fun for our doggies.  Here's an article I cut out of Reader's Digest.


For those of you interested in making your own lotions and creams, I have a recipe that you might like.  This one is for Natural Lip Balm.  If you try it, let me know how yours comes out.


I must confess that I did not make much of a dent in those wicked taxes, but I will do a bit more on them today.  I know I'll feel so much better when they are done, but it's the getting to that point that is so terrible.  I know, I'm whining.  But it's okay for old folks to whine on Tuesdays.  (Pogo said so!)

Now I had best get going.  I want to do a bit of blog reading before I tackle that awful "T" stuff.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Annsterw said...

Pogo is so super adorable!!! I just want to scoop him up and love him!!! How sweet is that face?!?!??!! I had no idea dogs can get the flu - wow is all!!! Have a great week!

LV said...

Good luck with our taxes. This is the first year I got someone else to do my taxes. Already sent in.

Beth Reed said...

Edna,
I swiped the photo of Pogo. He is my sweetie pie so he said I could have his photo that he allowed you to get! I hope that he doesn't get his hair too short. It is still cold for him. But allow his groomer to decide. She knows best.

Thank you for sharing the lip balm recipe. I haven't made it in years but if I can find the right bottles they would make nice little Christmas gifts or any kind of a gift with a little note attached.

Oh and really a great idea to share about the pets getting the flu. Cisco got his flu shot and I know that he didn't like getting them but it was important that at his age that he would get it so he would be protected.

I am glad that you enjoyed your book. I have tried, really I have because Karyn really wanted me to give e-books and my kindle a try but I just enjoy holding the book in my hands. Right now I am listening to a book that she recommended but I haven't gotten far enough in it to really enjoy it.

I will try and call you tomorrow. I still have a few things I need to do but I am not sure if I will do them tomorrow or Friday. Hugs to you and Pogo...

Theresa said...

Yes ma'am, Pogo is a handsome fella:) My "to-do" list is long and not getting any shorter. Taxes prep is on that list, hmmmm perhaps today... or not:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!