Friday, June 22, 2018

We Shopped Till We Dropped!

June 22, 2018

Good morning.  So far, it's looking really nice outside.  Let's hope it doesn't rain because Pogo and I are going with Deanne and Jazzy to Plymouth Harbor in a little while.  We thought it would be nice to walk around by the ocean and maybe have lunch there. 

Yesterday, Pogo and I went shopping early in the morning.  We got me a puzzle book at a really nice Dollar Store, bought light bulbs at the hardware store, went to the bank and then bought some bird treats at Ocean State Job Lot.  Busy, busy, busy.  You know I needed a nap in the afternoon!

While we were at Ocean State Job Lot, I picked up a couple of plant towers.  You know, the metal wraparound basket for tomato plants.  Seeing as how I now have two peppers and three tomatoes, I thought it was time to give the plants some support.  I'll take photos to share.

At supper time, I cooked some hamburgers for Pogo, and then I cooked up a pot of macaroni to make a salad.  That is going to taste really good later today.  There's a lot of it, so I'll be sending some of it out to Joe. 

Today I thought I'd share some cute things that I found on the web.  This first one is Maxine.  God love her, she took the words right out of my mouth!

I thought this next one would start your day with a chuckle.


If you have a sweet tooth, this might just be the recipe to take care of it. 


Now, on a more serious note, I want to share this image.  Please, please, please, if you see an animal that is being hurt in any way, call the authorities.  No animal should ever be abused.  And, if you are looking for a new fur baby please don't buy, ADOPT!


Now it's time for me to start getting ready to leave.  I'll put my camera beside my purse so I don't forget it.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Angelicastar said...

Your weather is good for all your plants including your vegetables. Mine did great with much cooler weather but when the heat hit them, they bolted. I did get a chance to can 11 quart jars of tomatoes. It was very easy. I remembered how my mother canned hers and the internet helped me also. I have tomatoes growing in a raised bed and the ones I canned was grown in large plant pots. I thought I would have some cushaws but someone's big dogs came through the fence from the house behind me a broke my vines and they all rotted. When the vines die they will also. My squash died but I did harvest approximately 20 yellow crook neck squash. My cucumbers are still blooming and I see small ones on the vines but I did harvest 8 but had to put them in my compost bin because the sun had them too soft and damaged. The greens are all gone except my spinach and Kale, but I've notice bugs have gotten to my Kale very bad. My broccoli didn't do well. The collard greens are still standing but very pale from the hot sun. I am hoping winter will bring them back. They are better when the frost fall on them. My pepper (cayenne and jalapeno) are doing great. My green bell peppers aren't doing very well. My swiss chard are going to have to be pulled up and put in my compost bin. It's not doing well with the heat we have here. I did enjoy all the greens and shared with neighbors, so what was left to burn in the sun was ok. I will be canning tomatoes and Okra together for soups. The okra is not doing as great as it did last year. So this is my garden update. Yes, I am still very much ill but having better days and when they do come I make the best of them. My doctor's appointments are still going on but having a small break with rheumatologist. Every 2 or 3 months now. Same as with the nephrologist. (kidney doctor) By the way, I don't remember if I told you I am not on dialysis anymore. I am not sure how long I will be off because they are not working 100% but enough where I doesn't have to go on the machine. If I hadn't changed doctors I would have never known. All they wanted was Medicare and my money. I knew something was wrong because I would get very sick, high blood pressure 201/103 and heart rate 103-4 and very bad cramps. I didn't need what they were doing. If I do have to go back on dialysis My new doctor is going to set me up at home.
Don't forget to send us some of your good weather here. (lol) cool now, not the cold. Hug my little boy pogo for me. Have a great day.

smiekeltje said...

Hmm, your doctor wasn;t all too nice with his advice for your skin, LOL! perhaps it's just something you'll have to forget about a bit.
That planter is awesome, so funny.
And you are right to take it easy when the weather is too warm to do anything.
Oh, about the eaten veggie plants: is there a possibility to put a doorscreen in the greenhouse, so that you can open the door and let some air come into itm but it still will be protected inside?
Think it is a good idea to have that day out at the ocean when it is great weather and you will be in good company!
Lovely photos of your flowers, now is the time the most will start to bloom.
Enjoy the great weather times(and weathermen aren;t always right, we know all about it here too LOL)at the porch.
Sending hugs
Kyra