Thursday, June 21, 2018

Tis A Good Day To Shop

June 21, 2018

Good morning.  Well, it's looking kind of "iffy" outside right now.  There's a bit of sun peeking out from behind some clouds, no rain yet, and temps today should be in the mid to upper seventies.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how the forecast can change so quickly. 

We changed our outing plans from today till tomorrow because it was not supposed to be as nice a day today.  I guess the weatherman is not on speaking terms with Mother Nature.  These two need to get together so that folks like me can plan our days out.

DIL Janet came by last evening after work.  We decided not to fire up the oven to cook the pizzas because it was too hot, so we had Marie Callender pot pies instead.  They can be cooked in the microwave and are delicious.  We decided to meet this Saturday at the Christmas Tree Shoppe to do a bit of shopping.

Today, Pogo and I are planning to go to Ocean State Job Lot and pick up some bird treats and a few other things.  So, if it is going to rain, maybe the rain will wait until after we get back home from our little outing. 

I have some more photos to share of the flowers in the garden and around the yard.  The white rose is growing in a little patch near the front corner of the house, and the yellow rose grows in a little garden near the front door.
 


While I was out taking a few photos, I decided to stand beneath the Red Japanese Maple tree and take a photo looking up through the branches to the sky.  It makes for an interesting photo.


This last photo shows the little yellow petunia that fell out of the big plant on the porch.  I thought it might grow some new roots if I put it in water.  We'll see.


There's not much happening around here today other than a bit of shopping.  So I think on that happy note, I'll take my leave.  Pogo keeps running over to the door to look outside.  I think he's anxious to go shopping too.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: