Tuesday, June 19, 2018

My Sign Is Scorpio

June 19, 2018

Good morning.  Yesterday was a hottie!  Thank goodness for the beautiful breeze flowing through my yard.  It made it easier to deal with the warm temps.  Late in the afternoon, things started looking like a storm was coming.  Or at least some heavy rain.  Nope.  Eventually, we did get a little rain, but not very much.  There's only one tiny puddle out front. 

I was born in November, and my original birthstone is Topaz.  Imperial orange and yellow Topaz.  For some reason, some birthstones have been changed over the years.  Now folks use Citrine for November's birthstone.  This is also a beautiful stone.  But I've been hunting for a long time for some Imperial Topaz (that I can afford).  Here's a photo of an Imperial Topaz that I borrowed from the web.

The colors range from a peachy orange to yellow to golden orange.  Isn't this gorgeous?  Is it any wonder that I am partial to orange? 

A while ago, I came across a small planter (or pencil holder) shaped like little Groot.  Oh gosh, I fell in love with it and just had to have one.  God bless Amazon.  They have just about anything.  I ordered my little planter and it arrived in the mail yesterday.  I put  a tiny plastic plant in it and set it on the railing on my porch.  Isn't this just the cutest?


When I go outside to tend to the plants in the greenhouse, my little Pogo stays right by the gate on the porch and keeps a watchful eye on me.  I can't help myself.  I have to take another photo of him.


Pogo feels really safe on our porch.  He can bark at anyone he wants to and then he runs behind me or beneath the little plant table if something starts to feel threatening..  Behind this gate, he's a Great Dane.  Or so he thinks!

I got a couple new catalogues in the mail, and one of them has the cutest animal planters.  They are all shaped like different doggie breeds.  I thin I may have to get me the Yorkie planter for the porch.


Today I want to find a place to hang my new red, white and blue star.  Once it is hung, I'll take a photo to share.  Other than that, Pogo and I have no special plans for today.  We're just going to hang out and enjoy watching the birds and the little critters in the yard. 

It's sunny now, with temps in the high seventies.  We should reach the low eighties in a few hours.  My new little Windmill wind chime is telling me that there is a gentle breeze outside, keeping things quite comfy. 

On that happy note, I'm going to take my coffee and head for the porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That birthstone is beautiful. Mine changed too from turquoise to blue zircon. Your planter is adorable. So is Pogo. I believe he really does think he is one big, tough dog.