Thursday, May 26, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy

May 26, 2016

Good morning.  Tis another glorious day here in my little part of New England.  Once the guys get here this morning to start working on the bathroom, Pogo and I will run out to do a couple of errands.

Yes, the bathroom work saga continues.  Yesterday, SIL Eddie and his friend showed up mid morning, and worked all day in the bathroom.  It turned out to be a much bigger job than they had first thought.  In order to put down floor tiles, you first have to shut off the water, take out the vanity and sink, and then take out the toilet.  There are water pipes and such that have to be tended to also. 

It was a long day, but some tiles were put down, the vanity and sink were replaced and the toilet was put back (working).  Today the water pipes to the sink need a bit of adjusting because they interfere with the draws in the vanity, and the rest of the tiles have to be put down.  (I think that's all.)

It has been brought to my attention that yellow is a new color for petunias.  I hadn't thought about it, but it's true.  I haven't seen yellow petunias before either.  I love the color and that's why I bought them.  Anyway, I took a couple of close-up photos to share here.  They are so pretty!



I had planned to take new photos of the plants on the other side of the house, but yesterday was such a busy day that I did not get the chance.  I promise to do it later today.  Joe says that one of  the huge irises has opened up.  Woo Hoo! 

Here are a few more shots of my plants that I took a few days ago.  These are some of the really tall irises,  The big light blue bud is the one that Joe says has opened, and the last photo is one of the peony plants.




Also yesterday, a Special Olympics was held a couple towns over, and daughter Deanne's class got a first place ribbon.  Actually, I think all the kids got one.  Deanne helps teach a class of autistic children.  Just one more reason why I'm so proud of my kids.

Well that's about all my news for this morning.  Got lots to do today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Whatever way your day turns, you make the best of it.

smiekeltje said...

That;s why I sometimes don;t like when somethng has to be improved or repeaired. Often enough there is more work to it than thought, like in your bathroom. But I am sure Eddie can work it all out and finish it well. Would be nice if it was done before the weekend, so you can start to put all things on its place again.
Didn;t realize that yellow was a new color for petunias!
With the weather having better temperatures every day something new is coming up in the garden, you see new buds, or buds that were closed the other day and suddenly have a lovely flower showing, new sprouts coming from some bulbs etc. Like tiny little adventures.
You have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra