Monday, May 16, 2016

A Time To Treasure Memories

May 16, 2016

Good morning.  The sun is shining, although every now and then a cloud comes rolling by and keeps it from shining down on us for a few minutes.  Temps will be in the 60's today, so it is still quite lovely. 

Yesterday was a bit breezy all day, and it was a great day to just be lazy.  I did, however, re-locate a few dust bunnies to the trash bin.  Some of them were quite stubborn, but I managed to oust them. 

Most of the day was spent watching the BUZZR channel on TV.  These old games were fun, clean and family oriented.  I used to love watching Family Feud, but today's newer version is mostly about sex and body parts.  Not exactly my idea of family fun, especially when some of the contestants are kids still in school. 

Last evening, I put a few more rows on the Scarlet afghan, but after a while I had to stop to give my hands a break.  It's mostly my left hand that gets bothersome.  The good news is that nine more rows will get me to the half way mark. 

I have an adorable photo to share with you.  A friend of Deanne's sent this to her on Mother's Day to forward on to me.  She knew that I love the squirrels, and this little one is just adorable.


Ever wonder what to do with your small empty candle jars?  I borrowed this image from the web because I thought it was quite an interesting solution.  Turn them into bird feeders of course!


I'm not sure what today's plans are yet.  SIL Eddie and Kevin might be coming by in a while to help me do a few things.  I have to say folks, that I have a great family.  We help each other wherever we can.  It's a good way to be.

Alas, there is some sad news.  Over the weekend, my SIL Mac's (Audrey's hubby) father passed away, and Deanne and Eddie's adopted Kitty departed for Rainbow Bridge.  May God watch over both of these beautiful souls.

Now I think I should get dressed and wash the breakfast dishes before the guys get here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Edna,

I am catching up on your blogs and it is wonderful to see Pogo snuggling with his little snowball and how he left Woodstock beside it. So cute.

I love the photo of the Japanese maple reflection and the nice blue sky. We are having rain. I got an alert on my phone sometime during the night about a severe thunderstorm coming thru. I just rolled over and was able to go back to sleep. Cisco didn't bark or cry so if it was bad here then he didn't care. He couldn't move... seriously.
Laurie and the kids were here over the weekend and those kids kept him so busy that it was hard to tell who was more exhausted at the end of the day, him or me! I was in bed at 7:00pm and asleep by 7:30pm and got up less than an hour ago. It was fun and delighted to have them over but man they wore us all out lol.

Guess I will close for now and go and update my blog. Have a wonderful day my friend, Love Beth and Cisco.

The Queen Jester said...

I adore the idea of using the candle holders as a bird feeder. That would look lovely on the side of a garage or fence, and the small votives would be so easy to wash and replace the bird seed.

smiekeltje said...

After that busy week you had it was time to have a lazy day.
I think the birdfeeder is a lovely idea.
Sorry for the sad news. as we grow older those things happen, but always touch our hearts.
Looks to be rather nice weather today, have to go out, so I will pick a sunny moment.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra