Friday, December 11, 2015

Tis Quite Foggy Here In New England

December 11, 2015

Good morning.  It's quite foggy outside, but I'm sure it will burn off in a while.  We are still enjoying wonderful warm temps, at least for a few more days. 

Well, yesterday's plans fell by the wayside.  I had the "want to," just not the "get up and go."  Some days are like that.  Today is a new day, and maybe we'll get out today.  At least we can keep our inside door open all day so Pogo can see what's going on in the world outside. 

One of the female meteorologists on the Weather Channel is so happy and laughing because she has so many storms to comment about.  In her words, "keep those storms coming, we need more to follow."   Is it me?  Am I the weird one because I can't see any humor in devastating storms?  I'm just waiting for our local forecast, then I'm changing to a different channel.

There must be a hawk in the neighborhood because all my little birds have been missing yesterday and this morning.  We just get the occasional brave little woodpecker at the treat cage.  I realize the hawk has a family to feed too, but I miss my little birds.

I found a wicked cute decorating idea on the web to share with you.  It's such an easy, yet beautiful, way to brighten up your home.


Here's another really super idea that I came across on the web for those chilly nights, or times when your electric power goes out.  It's a make-shift space heater, made from a large plant pot, a couple of bricks and some candles.


Well, the morning is slipping by and I really would like to see about going out for a while.  Before I go, I'd like to share this photo of a Walmart shopper that I borrowed from the web.  The look on the face of the man on the left is just too funny.  What can I say?  It takes all kinds!


Now that I've put a smile on your face, I'm going to get dressed and see about getting to JoAnn's Fabric store.  I need some tiny findings to finish a charm that I am making.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,
I did laugh at your Wal-Mart shopper... Just too funny. Your so right, it does take all kinds but that was a little too much of all kinds hee hee...

Must have something in my neighborhood as well since my birds are missing too. I miss hearing their bird song and chatter. I haven't seen hardly any squirrels or my raccoons either. Just really seems strange.

The temps are cooler this morning with fog. What a big difference from yesterday when the sun was shining and the day was filled with beautiful temps. The fog is so pretty today. I know that a lot of people don't agree, especially those on the roads and in traffic. For them I understand the headache of fog.
I watched it rolling in this morning at 3:00 am when Cisco woke me up to go potty. He was ready to go. I just opened the door and Nathan jumped up "Mom where are you going?" so he was with me as I stood on the stoop to let Cisco out. Normally I am very conscious of cleaning up after him as I should do, but at 3 in the morning I don't feel safe walking the premise's by myself. Not even with Nathan. So the property managers will just have to excuse my bad manners at this time. It is very seldom that Cisco wants to go out in the middle of the night anyway.

I put in 10 rows of Cathy's doll blanket last night and I was just so tired that I was able to go to sleep at 10:30. I really enjoyed that sleep!
Guess I will go and find something to do. I am sure that there is a ton of things that I can find to take care of.
Oh I tagged you on Facebook with a pair of adorable baby booties. I hope that you get a chance to look at them... Hugs from Cisco and Beth!

Stacey said...

I loved those ideas, but that outfit, too funny. LOL. Thank you so much! I got your neck warmer today. I just love it! it's so beautiful. I love the pins too. Thanks for the calendar as well. it will come in handy. I really appreciate it! It put a smile on my face for sure! I've been making candles all day, so need to eat some dinner. have a great weekend, and we'll see you on Sunday!

The Queen Jester said...

Walmart shopping is always interesting.