Thursday, December 24, 2015

Santa Claus Is Coming Tonight

December 24, 2015

Good mornimg.  It's cloudy here, but warm.  It was in the 50's all through the night (and raining), and today will be near 70F degrees.   After tomorrow, it will start to cool down a bit.  Am I complaining?  Absolutely not!!  I'm sure we'll get clobbered sooner or later with a bunch of weather, but for now it is nice.

I got the nicest surprise in my mail this morning.  A Christmas card from a blogger friend.  I took my laptop out to show it to Joe.  Wow, what a huge smile it put on his face!  Judy, I love it.  Thank you so much.  May you be blessed with all the joys of this Christmas season.


Well, last evening, DIL Janet came by and we had a wonderful evening.  For supper, I cooked Pogo a hamburger and Janet and I had chicken pot pie.  After supper, we exchanged gifts.  Oh wowee!  She spoils Pogo and me so!   Pogo got a new fuzzy blanket, which he curled up in right away.  I got a whole bag full of goodies including my own fuzzy blanket.  You know Pogo and I slept all through the night wrapped up in our new fuzzy blankets.

I'm watching the Weather Channel, and the news is just wicked.  You know, it's only been Winter for a few days and already we are up to "Winter Storm Goliath."   Alphabetically, that's seven winter storms already.  Gosh, I hope that's not an insight to the rest of the Winter. 

The tornadoes are the scariest.  Last night, some folks only got seconds for a warning, and the next thing you know, their homes and all their belongings were gone.  God bless these folks for having the strength to stay and rebuild.  I don't know if I could do that.  Maybe when I was younger, but now?  I just don't know.

I dug into my photo archives for a photo of our Amaryllis in bloom.  This photo was taken when the plant was new, and still not very tall.  This year, it has bloomed so much that it doesn't have any blooms left in it for this Christmas.  This was the only time I saw one of these plants bloom while it was still short.


Today my hand and arm are not quite so sore.  As long as I don't try to use them much.  The hand still makes me say Ouch!  But it hurts a bit less.  Joe and I are going grocery shopping in a little while to pick a few things.  Let's see how the hand does at the market. 

I got an email this morning from a friend, with a link to a Christmas poem.  It was absolutely moving, and I passed it along to my friends and family.  I'll put the link here so that you can enjoy it too.

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sUGOjNsE4aY

Santa Claus comes tonight folks.  Put the kiddies to bed early, and don't forget to leave out a drink and a snack for Santa and his reindeers.  Tonight, I will enjoy a cup of cocoa with Santa, and I've set aside nine bowls of water and nine apples for his reindeer.  Something tells me that Pogo will sleep right through this visit.

Now it's time for me to get dressed, and ready to go grocery shopping.   I hope everyone gets what they wished for this Christmas.  Pogo and I wish all of you a Blessed and Merry Christmas.  I'll stop by in the morning with another QP for you.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.  Ho Ho Ho!

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Just a short note to say that I sure hope that you and Cisco have the most wonderful of Christmas Eve's. Tomorrow will be special day for you and Pogo. I on the other hand have decisions to make. We as a family have been invited to Carol and Barbara's house for Christmas dinner... Jon doesn't want to go because he doesn't know them. Karyn is still sleeping. I am not sure what her plans are. The last time I talked to her she was having a stressful day at work. Nathan doesn't care. He will go or stay. It doesn't matter to him. Laurie has her own thing going on. I told her that it would be January before we did our Christmas way back so she is working and everything anyway. I don't know about tomorrow tho and I am trying to get in touch with her... I would love to go to Carol's for Christmas but I don't want to leave Jonathan behind. I understand how he feels about going to someone's home for that kind of event and not knowing the people. I am not worrying about it. As it stands for this moment, I am having some wonderful coffee and waking up. I had a great sleep. So now I am trying to pull it together.

I hope that your hand is much better.... I am so sorry and hope that your not in much pain... I hate for this to be so short but I really have to get my butt in gear... Hugs, Beth

Kathy said...

Merry Christmas, Edna! Even though I don't comment much, I do read your blog each day and have enjoyed getting to know you. I hope you and Pogo have a wonderful time tomorrow. (I never heard of putting out apples for the reindeer. What a great idea!)

Edna B said...

Merry Christmas to all of you. You've brought so many wonderful smiles to me, and I'm so glad to have you in my life. I hope the New Year is good for all of you. Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hello my friend....I'm wishing a blessed and merry CHRISTmas for you, Pogo, Joe and the rest of the dwarfs and your family too! Appreciate your treasured friendship this year and all the lovely QPs you have shared too! I so enjoy reading your daily e-mail and seeing all the gorgeous photos and hearing of Pogo's antics! Bet Santa and his reindeer will enjoy the visit at your house, I'm leaving milk and cookies for him and some treats for the reindeer, I am sure they will need more "fuel" by the time they reach Texas! At least it will be warm for them 75 yesterday and at least that today, I have my windows up! Enjoy the family and count your many blessings! Chat more later. Love, Mat and my fur babies!

LV said...

You and your Pogo seem to keep a BUSY LIFE. SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS WITH HIM AND FAMILY. SUZANNE HAS FINALLY GOTTEN MOVED TO A NEW HOUSE.THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD.

Stacey said...

Merry Christmas! I hope your day is filled with joy, family, and love. I loved that poem it was truly beautiful! thanks for sharing it! I'll be praying for all those poor families hit by tornadoes. while a warm winter may be nice, it sets the scene for those horrible storms which turn into tornadoes. if it was cooler they wouldn't form. I hope the weather gets cold enough so they no longer form, it's one thing I find so frightening.