Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Oh Dear, I Have A New Ouchy

December 22, 2015

Good morning,  It isn't raining yet, and it's 51F degrees.  Today's temp is supposed to get up close to 60 degrees.  Tomorrow will be more of the same, and Thursday will be close to 70 degrees.  The rain is supposed to start later this afternoon, with more coming tomorrow.
.
According to the Weather Channel, we have some snow forecast for next Monday night.  Now that, I could do without.  Ah well, I'm enjoying what we do have while we have it.

Yesterday, I must have done too much moving things around and putting them away.  Somewhere along the way, I hurt my hand.  I don't know when it happened, but oh boy, I surely do feel it.  It feels as though I've broken a blood vessel in the forefinger on my right hand (of course, it had to be the right hand!) and it is quite painful.  By last night, the pain was going all the way up my arm to my shoulder.  It's most likely just the carpal tunnel and/or the arthritis acting up.

Needless to say, I was not able to do any crocheting last night.  Now as I type, I have to keep stopping to rub my hand and arm.  It doesn't heal it, but it does make it feel better for a minute or two.  Drats, drats and more drats!!!  I have so many things to do and this is slowing me down. 

I guess today I'll just go through a lot of magazines and take my name and address off (and out of) them.  Then it's off to the recycle bin with them.  That will probably be the extent of today's fun.  I had a few things to put away, but they can wait until my hand doesn't hurt so much.  Maybe tomorrow I'll do another big batch of shredding.  We'll see.

Yesterday, I got a delivery from Amazon.  It was my new Christmas tree.  The first thing I did was to take it out of the box and plug it in.  Woo Hoo!  All the little optic lights lit up.  Next, I put it back in it's box to be put away for next Christmas. 

Shortly after my tree arrived, I got another Amazon delivery.  Goodness, they are very quick about getting their orders out.  I quickly opened the box, and oh my!!  Inside the box was a gorgeous calendar featuring little Yorkies, and a slip saying that this was a gift.  Anne, the calendar is just beautiful.  I love it.  Thank you so much. 


The calendar is really square, but this is how my photo came out.  Still, the tiny Yorkies are just darling.  Almost makes me want another one.  However, I don't think that Pogo would want to give up any of his space.  He rules the roost around here, and he's quite happy with that.

In my email yesterday, I got a gift from Amazon.  They are giving me a free digital HD copy of Kung Fu Panda.  Hmmm, I'm not sure what I did to deserve this.  Thank you Amazon.

Well that's about all the happenings around here.  I need to give my hand and arm a rest now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have fantabulous day.


Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Owie! I hope your hand heals up with just resting it some.I hate those things where you can't pinpoint when or how you did it to avoid doing it again.

You'll be getting a box from me, I hope tomorrow or Christmas Eve. :)

Got run (again) Today's my last nurses and therapists day before Christmas!

Hugs, Nani

Stacey said...

How nice that your packages came in. that little yorkie calendar sure looks cute. I'm sure pogo would be quite jealous if you got another fur baby. My first dog Koa would have been so jealous, but Kobi, I think would be fine with another dog. She loves other dogs so much, but is afraid of people. She was from a breeder, than went straight to a pet store, so she didn't get alot of socializing with people. When we got her she had giardia and kennel cough, and was not doing real well. she is fine now and a little thief. so far she has opened one of her presents, one of my hubbys, and one of mine. I keep having to rewrap stuff. I keep telling her she's getting coal from santa. pet smart has these cute doggy coal treats, if we had some extra money, I would have bought them for her for sure! LOL

Edna, do you still have my email? will you send me your address, please? if you didn't keep it let me know and i'll write you privately with it.

smiekeltje said...

Ouch, not nice you have painon your hand. Do you think it will go away by itself after a couple of days, or should you let the doctor have a look? either way, hope it soon will be better again, nothing more nasty than something that holds you back in doing things you want to, I know about it!
Hopefully the snow will not fall too much, and it disappears lso quick, hey?
I am also so very not ready for snowy weather LOL.
Take it easy, look after your hand,
Have a great day, despite of that d........ hand!
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

Oh I am happy that you like your calendar! I figured Pogo would enjoy it too seeing so many of his friends there posing like he does! I know you had a great CHristmas holiday! Take care.