Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Hanukkah

December 6, 2015

Good morning.  It's another beautiful morning in my little part of New England.  Sunshine and warm temps, I just love it.  I realize that it won't last forever, but I'm enjoying it while we have it.  It's also the start of Hanukkah.  So to all my Jewish friends and family, I'm wishing you a Happy Hanukkah. 

To my friend Rhoda, I really miss those times when we were all able to get together to share in the Holiday fun.  I have so many wonderful memories of those holidays, and especially the joy and happiness that "Santa" brought to so many of us.  (Rhoda's hubby Marshall was our Santa every year that Christmas Eve did not fall on a Friday.  Those years we had back-up Santas.  These included my son Gary Jr, my brother Artie and a friend, Bill Black.) 

Yesterday was also a gorgeous day here.  Plus a couple packages that I've been waiting for arrived, so now I can finish up two of my mail away boxes.  Today I'm hoping to finish up several boxes so that we can take them to the Post Office tomorrow and mail them off. 

I have a handful of cards left to address, then they will be finished too.  Oh it feels good to be back on track.  Joe put up the Christmas tree in the main part of the house, and it looks ever so pretty.  It's beginning to look like Christmas around here!!

Santa has been asking what to bring for Pogo, and I'm having a problem coming up with something.  At first I had thought about a little lounge chair for him, but where would I put it?  Pogo has just about everything and then some.  

I suppose I could give away most of his sweaters, and then get him some new ones.  Hmmm, now there's a thought.  We could donate some of his sweaters and a lot of his fuzzy blankets to a local shelter.  Then I could get him new ones.  It's a thought.

I received a beautiful Christmas page yesterday from my friend Beth.  Gosh, this is wonderful.  Thank you Beth, I love it. 


I hear and read a lot of chatter about different folks being offended by our culture, religions and holiday traditions.  It's always been a "live and let live" way here, and I don't see why it can't stay that way.  I love my God and Christmas.  Let me share this beautiful image that I borrowed from the web.


Last evening, I started the new baby cocoon, using the Honeydew yarn.  The color is beautiful, but I think the cocoon is getting a little too big.  I may have to rip out a few rows and make some adjustments.  I'll play a bit with this later.

Right now, I have to go out into the house to find out who has been using a scented spray near my door.  I don't do well with scented sprays.  It interferes with my breathing.  I just walked out into the house and guess what?  It was Joe's laundry soap that I smelled.  Mystery solved.

Today I will finish setting up my little Christmas tree.  I started making a spot for it yesterday, but had to stop to do other things.  Right now, Pogo is nudging my arm, making it difficult to type.  So I think I'll stop here and go play with him for a while. 

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

What wonderful Christmas memories you have and I hope that you will have some wonderful memories from this year as well.
I am like you... What shall I get for Cisco. I think that I will buy him some new toys this year. He will definitely get some treats for sure.

I laid down yesterday around 3 or so and took a little nap. Got up and was yawning pretty heavily and decided to go back to bed. I slept until this morning. I guess that I was more tired than I thought but I was in my closet trying to get to my Christmas things and I couldn't for all of the crap that was in the way. Karyn's stuff, Matthew's stuff and there were a couple of boxes that I really needed to go thru anyway, so I had Nathan haul them out of the closet and I sat on my bed and wow... I did not know that I had so much junk that I will never use or wear again.
I wanted to just throw the whole lot out but Nathan convinced me to donate it to Goodwill so I said ok. There are some nice things in the clothes box but I just will not wear them anymore or can wear them I should say. They don't fit and me keeping them until I can is silly because they are long forgotten if that time ever comes.
So I kept the clothes and then I shredded all paperwork from the last 4 years. I think that is what really made me tired lol...But I hung on to all receipts and payments but there is no use now, especially after 4 years and I am really glad that I have gone paperless in a few areas. Not all... sometimes I trust nothing but that receipt in my hand.

Now today I have to have Nathan put back a lot of the stuff except for my Christmas totes. My sister talked me into decorating for Christmas. But not today. Today I am spending with my kids. We are going to watch a movie "American Sniper" I have not seen it but I read an article in a magazine that his wife wrote. It was so sad. So I plan to have a box of Kleenex and a small trash bag with me because I know that I will need it with a tear jerker movie. But I really do want to see it. Tears and All...

Talk to you soon.... You have a great day and I cant wait to see the new cocoon. I know that it will be beautiful... Hugs from Cisco and Beth

The Queen Jester said...

Happy Channukah to you as well!

Stacey said...

what a lovely page! I don't know if you had a chance to visit Scrappy Bee, but they've been down all month. I hope they come back soon. it's one of my favorite stores. I'm glad you're almost done with your cards and gifts. I'll get started next week. I'm 90percent done decorating. got the outside done today, now just need to put ornaments on the tree. Hope it stays warm for you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I agree with your view on saying Merry Christmas. Live and Let live.

Love and Prayers,
Cassie