Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Only 23 Days Till Christmas!!

December 2, 2015

Good morning from soggy New England.  Goodness, it rained sometime during the night, and now it has started up again.  Hmmm, quite a difference from a few years ago.  Here's a photo I took three years ago today while at the McDonalds drive thru one morning on my way home from work. 


One of things that I miss about not working is all the opportunities I had for photo ops.  The scenery and the wildlife between my house and work was always presenting me with chances for great new photos. 

My little birds are beginning to line up by my window.  One small sparrow is perched on top of the planter that is outside my door.  I think I need to check their feeder to see if it is empty. 

I'm back,  Yup!  The bird feeder was empty so I just went out and filled it.  Now my little birds are happy again. 

I'm watching QVC, and they are showing boxes of brownies and cookies.  Oooooh, everything looks so delicious!  No, I'm not ordering them, but they do look wicked good!  Now I'm switching the channel over to Unsolved Mysteries.  It's less fattening. 

Last night, Deanne and Eddie delivered my box of baby things for baby Ali.  Of course, the baby was asleep, but her mom has promised to send me some photos after she is awake.  She did send us all this photo of Ali that was taken this past Sunday.  Gosh, she's just gorgeous.


Well, yesterday proved to be a fruitful day for me.  I did manage to wrap a few things, and get a couple of mailer boxes finished.  Today, I'm hoping to get a few more packages wrapped, and ready for mailing.  A few items that I had ordered did arrive yesterday, and now I'm just waiting for a couple more. 

Tomorrow I hope to start mailing out my cards and calendars.  It sort of feels like I'm getting things done in spite of all my procrastinating about getting started.  Can you imagine, that there are only 23 more days till Christmas? 

Now the only thing that is holding me up is trying to figure out what Santa can put under the tree for the dwarfs.  It's rare for any of the dwarfs to ever say thank you, so I'm thinking that I might just make a donation to the local animal shelter in their names in lieu of gifts.  Hmmm, this is sounding like a super idea. I did this years ago with family and friends who could not remember to say thank you, and it gave me a lot more money to spend on the homeless animals. 

It's also time for me to start filling the Christmas shopping cart at our local Ace Hardware store with big bags of doggie and kitty food.  Of course, I'll have to put in a few bags of treats too.  After all, what's Christmas without treats?

A package was just delivered for Joe, and Pogo did his best to scare off the man who brought the package to the door.  Have I mentioned what a good watch doggie he is?   He may be tiny, but he is fearless!!

Well now that I've chewed your ear off, I think I'll get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I think the trade off of not having to deal with the Mrs is well worth it.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I do believe that this is the shortest post you have ever blogged ... hope you are just busy and not sick. Of course, I know you are busy as are all of us at this time of year. A late Happy Birthday to Audrey and of course she is a dog lover ... Like Mother like daughter :)

I woke up to a layer of snow this morning ... totally unexpected as I didn't watch the news last night (It is Big Cat Week on Nat. Geo, so I miss everything starting at 10pm until I fall asleep ) and it wasn't predicted for this week earlier. Izzi was, of course, thrilled. She loves running in the snow and scooping it up with her nose. Buddy her neighbor dog friend was out too this morning so there was quite a bit of romping going on.

I should be getting my Christmas cards soon and then it will be like you, write names and addresses and notes to people I don't see during the year. I have not left myself much time to get Christmas in order ... starting to feel that little panicky feeling in my stomach. Oh my ... always so much to do.

I am going out with Mint today to get her name changed to Priebe on her Social Security card. They didn't change it when they got married because all of her paperwork for her visa and green card were submitted with her maiden name. Now you and I both know what would have happened if she had tried to change her name in the middle of the process ... but she now has her Green Card (an official resident of the US) and so we can start the process of changing her name on everything. They will be leaving to spend most of the cold winter in Thailand soon ... some people are just lucky. I have to say though, if anyone deserves a long break it is my son. He has worked 65 hour weeks since last April ... 6 days a week. Makes me tired just thinking about it ... nice to be young :)

This time of year I do a lot of visiting with my friends ... exchange gifts and give each other big hugs and thank yous for being such good friends. I wish I could reach out to you and give you a big hug. Do you think you could feel a virtual hug? If so, you are getting one now. You have been very patient with my hit and miss blogging this year. When you add a new member to your family, the activities seem to double up and suddenly I find I am having a hard time fitting everything in. I don't know if that changes over time, but for now I just do the best I can. Hope you are well, Edna ... getting rest (I know you like to get up in the middle of the night) eating well and enjoying your little Pogo. Talk to you again soon ...

Andrea @ From t he Sol

Stacey said...

I think donating to the shelter is a wonderful idea. it's a gift for them and the animals too. I would take them all home if I could. Ali is just totally adorable! so glad she is home, safe, and warm. My little Kobi is fierce too, so was my Koa, she thought she was a great dane. LOL. it's amazing how protective these little ones are. I'm so jealous, you're way ahead of me in the gift department. next week will be a crafting frenzy for me, I always say i'll start earlier, yet somehow never do - LOL.