Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Big Box Arrives For Pogo

December 30, 2015

Good morning.  I'm posting a bit late this morning, but I had to pay the bills first.  Now that they are all out in the mail, I can have some play time.  It's rather cold here and my whole drive way (parking lot) looks like an ice skating rink.  I guess Old Man Winter found us. 

Well our big news here is that an elf showed up at our front door yesterday with a huge box for Pogo.  Yup, you guessed it.  Inside the box was Pogo's new chair.  It's actually quite nice, and it's built rather well.  The fabric is called blue denim, and it has short wooden feet.  Pogo can hop up on it easily.


 
I put a couple of his fuzzy blankets on the chair, and Pogo tried it out.  I guess he likes it because he slept part of the night on it. 
 
 

No more furniture though.  We made a nice spot for the chair, but there's no more room for extra furniture.  I do think that Pogo is happy with what he has.  This makes my heart smile.
 
It doesn't seem possible, but after today, there is only one more day left in this year.  Beginning at midnight tomorrow night, we'll be starting a brand new year.  It seems as if these past twelve months have just flown by.  Although, I suppose a lot of it has to do with being retired with no special demands on my time. 
 
Did anyone start a "2015" jar earlier this year?  Remember?  We were to put a slip with an event or happening written on it into the jar throughout the year.  Then at the end of the year, we could easily look back at everything that happened during the year.  I made a jar, and tried to keep it current.  Tomorrow night I'll open the jar. 
 
It's almost lunch time now, so I think I'll see if there is something tasty in the refrigerator for my little Pogo.  He's been waiting patiently by my side for his lunch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 
 
Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
What adorable pictures of Pogo and his new chair! That is one fine chair and I am sure that he will now think of himself as a little King sitting in it with his fuzzy blankets.

I have been up all night and one of the things that I did after my blog was starting to color another page. I looked up when I heard my son start his shower... it was 6:00 am. I tried to lay down then but the phone rang and I answered that call then another one and so here I am trying to wind myself down to get a little sleep. Hopefully I can. My baby Cisco is already in our spot so all I have to do is climb in beside him which I think that I will do.... Have a great day my friend, Love, Beth and Cisco

Debby said...

Love Pogo's new chair. He is spoiled but why not, right.
I didn't do the jar but maybe I will do one this year. I like the idea. Have a Happy New Year. Hugs.

Stacey said...

Happy New Year!

oh he looks so adorable! love his little chair!

The Queen Jester said...

Love his little chair - it's just the right size.

Annesphamily said...

Love Pogo's chair, so sweet! Where in the world did you find such a darling chair?