Friday, October 16, 2015

Tis A Beautiful Autumn Day In New England

October 16, 2016

Good morning.  The sun keeps popping in and out, but it is still fairly nice outside.  Temps in the 50's, headed for the low 60's.  Pretty nice for Autumn.  I just went outside to fill up the bird feeder, and put out new peanut butter bread in the treat holder.  As soon as I got back indoors, all my little birds were happily munching on the food. 

Yesterday was a quiet day.  Two packages came in the mail for Pogo.  One was his new medicine (for the pain in his hip area), and the other was a big jar of glucosamine (to keep his joints healthier).  He's not exactly thrilled about having to take either of these. Wait till his vitamins get here!   Lucky for him, these are all in liquid form. 

I had a fuel delivery yesterday, and it was ever so nice to see such a low bill.  This was the lowest fuel bill in many years.  I'm sure it will go higher again, but for now it was such a treat.  The furnace cleaner guy called me to reschedule his appointment to Saturday.  He would give me a $25 discount if I could make this change.  Of course I did. 

Last evening I worked on the yellow afghan, and now there are only three or four rows left till it is finished.  Woo Hoo!  Next on to finishing up the green one.  In between projects, I slip in a little time for working on the bedroom.  This takes a while because it's not my funnest thing to do. 

I cropped a snippet out of a photo I took the other day to show one of the pretty yards we passed the other day on our way home from the doggie hospital.  The colors are quite pretty.


I also took a photo of the mirror on the side of my car.  It shows all the traffic that afternoon.  And, it wasn't even rush hour yet!


Well, enough of my babble.  It's time to give my little guy his meds.  First I have to find him!  haha.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I like the reflection in the rear view mirror - that's a creative and fun way to take an image. I'll have to give that a try soon.

smiekeltje said...

Nice that you had a low fuel bill for a time! heating, energy and such are taking a bit part out of our financial resources, and I wonder why it all has to be so expensive. You know, hte actual energy prices aren;t the worst thing, one can cope with that but on top of that we have to pay taxes and tranpostcosts and those things make the bill so unpleasant.
Oh, discount from the furnace cleaner is a good thing too LOL.
Hope you didn;t have to run for too long after Pogo to give him hs medicin? hahaha.
Okay, have a nice day
Hug
Kyra

LV said...

Glad you an enjoy such pretty fall colors. In Texas, nothing in color. All have died from the heat and no rain. Check Suzanne's blog. She has update on it as to the house situation.

Annesphamily said...

Love your autumn colors. So pretty. Jeremy enjoyed his week in Boston last week. He sent me the silliest postcard. I will post it at my blog soon. Have a great evening.