Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Just 165 Days Till Spring!!

October 6, 2015

Good morning.  Tis a bit cool this morning.  Only 43F, with hopes of getting into the high 60's by later today.  For the next week, the temps are expected to range from 58F to 73F degrees during the day and in the 40's at night. 

I guess I may as well face it.  The cool weather is here to stay.  Time to put my big girl panties on and get over it.  I guess now is a good time to start my countdown till Spring.  Just 165 more days to go!!!! 

Today's post will be short as I have a doctor appointment this morning.  No worry, it's just a check up with my orthopedic doctor.  Tomorrow's morning appointment is for a check up with my regular doctor.  Thursday morning, Pogo has an early morning appointment with the groomer.  So I'll either try to write up my posts for the next couple of days late the night before, or mid day after our appointments. 

Last evening, I found a really cute pattern for a crocheted neck warmer.  This one is really cute so I thought I'd give it a try.


The pattern calls for thick yarn and I don't have any, so I tried it with a double strand of worsted weight yarn.  It felt a bit bulky to me, so next I tried it with just one strand of yarn.  It wasn't very difficult, but the pattern wasn't looking so good.  So I made my own pattern, and so far it looks okay.  When I get a chance, I'll go shopping for a couple skeins of bulky yarn and give that a try.

The lemon yellow afghan that I've been working on (in between other projects) is almost finished.  Last night, I put a couple more rows on it and ran out of yarn.  Darn!!   Gosh, now I'm definitely going to have to go yarn shopping!

Before I take my leave, let me share an a cute image with you.  This one fits a lot of the folks I know.  It's amazing how addicting technology can be.


Now it's time for me to start getting ready to leave for my appointment.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a cute little head band that I want to send to you. I have just have not gotten to the post office but I will try and do that soon. Sorry this is so short but my day has gotten off to a hectic start and a few annoying phone calls.... Talk to you soon. Have a great day... Beth

Stacey said...

hope all went well with the check up. you poor thing so cold already, while we'll still be sweltering - back to the 90s by thursday, I'll trade you for awhile for sure!

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, it is good to stay optimistic and do the countdown for Spring LL.
Annoying if you run out of yarn, when you're on the way of finishing an afghan. It is frustrating, I know. And worst is that you will have to visit the yarn-shop, oops!
It is looking quite dark outside, with rain clouds and every now and then a shower from it and periods with just woo much wind, so definately weather is changing.
Pity, "cause all my dahlia's are still blooming as mad, but that soon will be over, or perhaps I should cut all the flowers and put them into a vase, and prune them, let them "dry-out "a bit and then I can digg the bulbs up and put them away safe for next year spring? Hmmm, we'll see how this week will be, weatherwise spoken.
You have a nice day and good visit to the doctor nr.1,
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning you two~~hope your day is going well. Hectic with phone calls here as Maggie has gone to the hospital with accelerated heart rate for her and baby, given some meds and seems to be coming down, but she is almost 39 weeks so they are thinking the baby will be born today...one way or the other and Maggie is having a tubal and a hernia repair so she will be there a few days...It is bothersome when you are more than 1k miles away and can't be there, but prayers work wonders...! Right?
Thanks for the daily enlightenment of the e-mails, just cause I don't visit everyday doesn't mean I don't read them...love it! I am feeling somewhat better after the dr visit, 2 injections, 2 inhalers and some meds...seem to be bringing the asthma back under control. D*&N ragweed allergies!! Hope all your scheduled dr visits continue well. Off here to see if I can do something in this house...while I have breathing under control. Have a fantastic day...Hugs, Mat