Sunday, October 4, 2015

I'm Gearing Up For A Busy Week

October 4, 2015

Good morning.  Gosh, I was about to get all excited because the sun is coming out today, but the Weather Channel is showing videos of the flooding in South Carolina.   Oh my goodness, it is so devastating.  Thousands of folks have lost their power, and the water is still rising.  The wind and water are getting very feisty along the whole Eastern coast.  Be safe everyone.

Last night, I had to give in and put the heat on in the house.  Temps dropped down to the low 40's, and that's just a wee bit too cold for no heat.  I'll have to call and make sure that the furnace cleaner men are here this week.  I don't like to run the heat until after the furnace has been cleaned out.

I was playing on my laptop last night, and before I knew it, the whole evening had slipped by and it was after 1 a.m.  So, I closed up the laptop and got ready for bed.  I thought I would crochet for a little while, but Pogo decided he wanted to play instead.  So we played and cuddled, and it was 2:15 a.m. before we put the lights out and went to sleep.  It was a very good night.

Because I haven't been out to take any new photos lately, I went into my archives for a couple photos of some beautiful flora from my last visit to Florida.   They have some of the most beautiful flowers and trees.



Yesterday, the mail carrier brought me a package filled with some jewelry findings that I had ordered.  Oh my, what fun it was opening that package!!  Now my hands are itching to start playing with all that fun new stuff.   I'll take some photos when I start working on these new projects.

I did find a new crochet hat pattern that I think is adorable.  Goodness, once the holidays are over, I'll be up to my ears with all these wonderful new things to work on.  This hat pattern is called "Just Devine Women's Hat."  Don't forget, if you see any patterns here that you would like, just email me and I will sent it to you.


For those of you who like a good sale, try Adorama Pix.  They are having a great sale:  25% off site wide through October 7.  They are closed for a few days for the holidays.  (Sukkot)  Meanwhile, you can order online, and when they re-open all orders will be processed promptly. 

This week is going to be a busy one.  I have two doctor appointments, check ups only.  The man from Window World will be out to measure my door and order the new one.  Pogo needs a haircut, so I'll be making him an appointment at the salon.  And, hopefully I can get the furnace cleaner man out to clean our furnace.  I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I agree that little had is "just divine". Even the colors are perfect. Are you going to start making hats? They look awesome. I can empathize with you on the busy week thing. I have something to do every day of the week/ I am helping teach volunteers at the raptor center. I go in every Monday and we spend two hours teaching then we go out and start them working with the birds ... you can guess what part they like the best. Tuesday I have to take Chachi to the vet. Like his brother he has now developed diabetes and he has to go in for blood glucose curves to determine his dose of insulin. Now I have two cats (brothers) on insulin at $260 a veil ... argh!

My Dil is having surgery on her leg a week from Monday. She broke it when she was 15 and it didn't heal properly. They are going to put a post in to straighten it so that she is in the proper alignment ... fingers crossed all goes well.

Izzi starts back in her skills (agility) class this week. She seems to be doing well, but occasionally I see her limp on that leg ... then I have to back off on what I can do with her. We still are walking her regularly and some minimal, simple Frisbee games. I am really nervous about taking her back to agility, but we are only going to jump her at 4 inches and only jumps and hoops for now. Fingers crossed ...

Not much else happening at the moment, as if there isn't enough. Our weather has been awful for the last week plus ... cloudy, cold (in the 40's) and very windy. They keep saying on the weather that the wind is going to die down, but it hasn't at least not where we are and that makes it feel even colder. I do hope we have a reasonable Indian Summer. I am really not ready to dive right into winter ... UGH! Well take care my friend and sloppy wet kisses from Izzi for Pogo :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

There's actually a glimpse of sunshine today...can't believe it. Left Brain commented last night that although he enjoys the sound of rain on the roof, it gets old after a few days. We want to wait a bit before heading any further east to avoid the mess in South Carolina.

smiekeltje said...

Those terrible rainfalls of South Carolina are here on the news too and it is aweful to see! ature can be so beautiful but also so devistating.

Gosh it seems you really will have a busy week, well if all goes well, without any long waiting at the doctors or for the window-door man etc. it is not too bad.
One thing is for sure: it will keep you busy LOL.
My weekend was quite nice, and now it is time to get some things done again.
Think I will go out for a little shopping , not much but two or three things needed, and it is good for me too to be out for a moment, and last week I bought a bag full of little apples, 1,5 kg just for € 1,00, and they will be great for making some appel-compote today.

Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra