Friday, October 9, 2015

A Lazy Day For Pogo And Me

October 9, 2015

Good morning.  I's warm today with a lovely breeze.  The sun isn't shining yet, but still it is nice,  The temperature now is 64F degrees, but will get up the low 70's in a few hours.  Tonight we expecting a bit of rain, but that helps keep the lawns green.

Well, Pogo and I slept in a bit late this morning.  Oh my, it felt gooooood!!   Today we get to laze about with no appointments.  Later, when Joe gets home from work, I'll do a bit of food shopping, but that is all.  I would have shopped for the groceries yesterday, but some of my meds won't be ready for pickup until this afternoon. 

Tomorrow though, Pogo has an appointment for a check up with his doctor, and he will get his flu shot too.  I do what I can to keep him as healthy as possible.  Yesterday, his groomer gave me the name of liquid vitamins that she gives her little dog.  So this morning, I ordered a bottle (from Amazon) for Pogo.  I've been looking for quite a while for liquid vitamins because he is such a picky eater, and does not get all the nutrients that he needs.


Yesterday, while Pogo was at the salon getting pampered, I did a bit of shopping across the street at Michael's craft store.  While I was there, I found the most adorable pattern book for baby cocoons.  Of course, that meant that I had to shop for some new yarn to make it too.  Oh my, such problems!  haha.  I also found a skein of the yarn that I need to finish one of my afghans. 

Next, I went next door to the Christmas Tree Shoppe.  Oh my, this is always just a wonderland of the most fabulous goodies.  I did not get to shop here very long because the groomer called to say that Pogo was ready.  But I did have fun.  Of course, I'll have to go back there soon.  There was so much that I did not get to see.  haha

Tomorrow I'll take photos of Pogo and the baby cocoon that I am working on, and I'll post them on Sunday.  So far, the little cocoon is just soooo cute!  If it comes out good, I'll make another one.

Here's another cute pattern I found on the web.  It's a warm headband, for those of us who don't like to wear hats.  I think this might be good for the older grandkids too.


A couple days ago, there was a huge article with photos of a sweet lady a couple of towns over, who was celebrating her 107th birthday.  Wowee!!!  She looked so happy and was still quite active.  I  think this is so cool.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll make it to my 100th birthday too.  Won't that be fun!

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a super fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

That headband is adorable! I don't like hats, but that might work for me....if I needed anything for warm, which isn't very often.
I have no idea what the cocoon is, but look forward to seeing the photos.

Stacey said...

thank headband is so pretty! I know my niece would love one. she love all things rainbow right now. (she is 3 1/2). I can't wait to see the pogo all gussied up. Hope the vitamins keep him nice and healthy. those baby cocoons are always soooo adorable. I'd love to see it when you are done!

smiekeltje said...

See, you had a good time while Pogo was being pampered. Oh whee, I miss a photo of him, all handsome again LOL.
Don't know what this cocoon might be for the baby, but all will be clear once you posted a photo.
So I can wait for that.
Good idea to give Pogo some extra vitamines, he might need that. You are looking after him so well.
Pfew, over 100 years old. well, it might be nice, if we are still in rather good physical shape and the brains still work properly. Otherwise I don;t think I would go for it.
Have a nice lazy day,
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Well I am still awake. On the bright side I finished my first page in the color book and was in high hopes of being able to drift off easily but that was not to be. I started thinking of my personal journal and one thing led to another so I finally went to bed at 7 this morning. I was just dropping off to sleep and a friend called... so I am back up. I tested my sugar, took my insulin and had breakfast. I am rather tired but I wanted to comment on a couple of things on your blog before I do go lay down.

Remember me telling you that I wanted to send you that crocheted headband? Well the one you posted is the one I have... mine is solid black with a few rhinestones on it and the flower. Not near as pretty as the one that you posted however. I am going to get that into the mail to you as soon as I can.

We have a pet mobile coming into our area on the 24th and they are offering the flu shots so Cisco will have his and it is $10.00 cheaper than at the animal hospital. I think that it is fantastic that we have this service for people like me who do not have a car.

Oh yes... The baby cocoon... It is gorgeous. I am going to have to pick up some yarn and a good needle. Nathan actually found one in the sofa when he was cleaning it the other day. What size did you use?

I adore all of your QP's but the witch is fabulous. I smiled when I seen that you went scrap kit shopping. It is so addictive isn't it. I will definitely be using that one pretty soon of the Witch... too cute!

When my sisters were in Germany they went to a Christmas store and Linda said that she could have spent her entire vacation in that store alone. She said that our Christmas stores look like drab dollar stores compared to the one in Germany. She said that it was just beautiful.

Last but not least... Mr. Pogo is mighty handsome in that photo... and the scrap page that Kyra did for you is just beautiful. I love the hair style your wearing in that photograph. I have always wanted to wear my hair like that but my face was always too round and I looked like a basketball. But on you, wow... YOU were a DOLL and he was so handsome!

Ok I really must lay down but before I do I am going to do some downloading and I cannot believe that I did not see that kit from Kyra back in January so I am heading over as soon as I finish getting the QP's. I love what your doing with them. Adorable!

Hugs to you and Pogo from Beth and Cisco....