My Pix Show 04

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday's Post #2

March 12, 2012

Grab a cup of coffee and get comfy.  This is not going to be a short post.  Nothing in my life ever seems to go smoothly.  Just as the cable man is supposed to show up, Tootsie has developed a case of the squirts, and was sitting on a scatter rug when it happened. 

So okay, we got that and her all cleaned up and while I'm putting the scatter rug in the washer, Tootsie has decided that it's a good time to pee on all the other scatter rugs.  My coffee is now cold, and I have an armful of wet rugs, and there's a knock on my door.  Yup, you guessed it!  The cable man is here.  I feel an Excedrin headache # 272 coming on!

The Verizon cable man looked everything over inside, outside and downstairs in the basement, and said "Wow, there's lot of work here and it's going to take close to twelve hours to get it done. I'm going to have to call for help with this."  Because of the layout of the house and cellar, and the fact that I have a cable running to a TV out in the den in the main part of the house, a routine job has become a monster job. 

I was just about resigned to not having any cable before sometime  tomorrow, when I thought to ask the man about my email address.  Would it just switch over from Comcast to Verizon?  Or was that going to be a major problem too?  My answer was "Once we get everything finished, you can open a new email account with Verizon and hopefully your email name will be available.  As long as no one else is using that name, you will be able to have it." 

Are these folks nuts?  This is my email name and I want to keep it.  As it is, I was going to lose all my programs that I had recorded to my DVR and haven't been able to watch yet.  Losing my email name was not an option.  It ended up that I cancelled today's work and rescheduled for two weeks from now.  Hopefully, I can get the email issue resolved by then.

Last night I was up till the wee hours of the morning trying to tape some of the programs on my DVR to DVD disks for Audrey before they were no longer there.  I didn't have time to copy them all to disk, so I had to decide which ones she would want more than others.  In the end, I managed to copy my two favorite programs for her.  Of course, with this new situation, I will now be able to copy the rest of the programs for her. 

Are we having fun yet?  Enough for my woes.  Now I will post my preview and Parts 3 & 4 of our March collab kit "Sing A Song Of Spring".

And here are your download links:


Miss Su has been in the hospital, so she will be posting her two parts on her blog tomorrow.  Su, I hope you're feeling better now and on the road to a speedy recovery.

Just before I sat down to type this post, I looked out my door window, and saw a most unusual sight.  The traffic was being led very slowly by a police cruiser with it's blue lights flashing.  This was followed by a horse drawn funeral carriage.  The horse was white, and the driver was dressed in "Sherlock Holmes" type clothes.  (Including the hat, cape and cane!)  The carriage had all glass sides which were covered on the inside by white curtains.  Following behind were several large limousines and many other cars. 

Now there's a first for me.  It's the sort of thing I might like for when my time comes.  I've just never seen this sort of procession in person.  Hmmm, I'll have to give that a bit of thought.  On this note, I shall take my leave.  Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.


Nani said...

I was a little worried about Su. She mentioned not feeling well 2 posts in a row and the tone of her posts didn't make me smile like they usually do. Glad she's back and on the mend.

Tootsie problems this morning reminded me of last night after David went to bed. Carla came back downstairs where I was wrapping up my blog plans for today. She made an off meow and then threw up right next to my chair. That put me in bed closer to midnight than 11:30 as planned!

Don't you just hate the "Wow, there's a lot of work to be done" from service people in your house? In our old house I've heard that from Plumbers and Electricians. I won't even think of inviting someone in to look at our windows!

Why can't they just hook their equipment up to the existing cables? They'll probably run the same type of cable right along side it anyway.

I hope Tootsie has a better day and she lets you have some hot coffee!

Hugs, Nani

crosstown said...

good luck with the email and thanks for the kit

smiekeltje said...

Oh boy, I hate it when service people just take a look and start with"there's a lot of work to do here"
It normally isn;t a good sign, cause they always find some extra to do, you didn;t expect and I often wonder if that was really necessary?
I know the feeling of a day that doesn;t go smoothly!!! Best is to try to pass that day as soon as possible, go to sleep early and hopefully not dream about all the events LOL.
Hope you can sort it out with your email address and all the cable stuff.
That's why I don;t like changing for cable company(not that I need to this one works still fine till now, let;s hope in future it will do too). There are always issues with it, no matter if they say: all will be done smoothly with no trouble for you at all, we can switch all over from the old to the new etc, but that's never true. Always need a new box for the tv, another kind of cable, trouble switching over you need to have etc. etc.
Good luck with it.
Hopefully today will go better for you.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Mar. 13, 2012. Thanks again.