Sunday, March 18, 2012

I Remember Nonna

March 18, 2012

It's a gorgeous sunny morning here in my little part of New England and the weatherman is promising us some wonderfully warm temperatures too.  I can definitely dig it!  I worked last night, and after the Mrs went to sleep, I was able to get me some winks too.  This means that I will be able to get out for a bit and enjoy this gorgeous day before it's nap time.

Have you been by Su's blog?  Not only is she feeling a bit better, but she has posted all sorts of goodies for you.  She made so much extra for our collab kit that she put it all into a folder marked "Extras" and posted it on her blog for you along with Parts 3 & 4.  Tomorrow, we'll both be posting Parts 5 & 6.  It's good to have you feeling better Su!

Yesterday, I was busy making up boxes to mail out tomorrow.  This week I will see about picking up another big package of Dunkin Donuts coffee to mail to my son.  It's fun to get packages in the mail, and I enjoy making someone's day happy.  When they smile, my heart smiles too.

As a child, I remember visiting convalescent homes to bring flowers to the elderly residents, or to just play cards or sit and chat with them.  The residents had a fun day, and we did too. I remember making May baskets to bring to our elderly neighbors.

I remember Nonna.  Nonna was an elderly Italian lady who lived across the street from us.  She came from Italy and spoke no English.  One day she was upset with us kids for cutting through her yard, and she came outside yelling and threw a handful of beans at us.  I picked up the beans and took them home.  I planted them in our backyard and had me a bumper crop of beans that summer.  Life was so good back then.

I have a few more photos to share of the beautiful flora in Florida.  Everywhere you looked, there was so much beauty to feast your eyes on.




Now I'm going to see what's for breakfast for Tootsie and me.  Then maybe she and I can go for a ride to the park for a little bit.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I love the plants coming up through the ground this time of year. Today is the second (and hopefully the last) of my sales. Then I can start cleaning up the yard and get some photos of the early spring blooms. And then I can relax a bit and enjoy this little bit of heaven I've created until a new owner claims it and we start on our next adventure.

smiekeltje said...

It's a great time in the year when all kind of plants come up again, and it always has some surprises, cause I sometimes did forget what I've planted last year LOL.
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra