Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another Beautiful Day In Sunny Florida

March 3, 2012

Good morning.  It's a bit hazy outside with a tiny breeze, but the temperature is nice.  Not too hot yet, and not too cool.  This is the best time for walking, but only if you have your clothes on.  At the moment, I'm still lounging in my nightie.  I've been trying to upload all the parts to our March collab kit.  So far, I still have the last two parts to finish uploading.  That can wait till later though. 

I'm not complaining about the slow internet speed because I'm just thrilled that I have the internet at all.  What a difference it has made in my vacation time.  Last year was no fun being here alone without any internet.  This year, I've really been enjoying myself.

Yesterday morning, Tootsie and I went grocery shopping.  We had to replace a few items that had been frozen in the refrigerator.  Lettuce and cucumbers are so unappealing when they are frozen.  And you should try to eat a bowl of frozen jello.  YUCK!   When we got home, I had the maintenance man come in to adjust the temperature in the refrigerator.  I could have done it myself, but all the numbers were worn off the dial so I did not know which way to turn it. 

At 9:30, it felt as though we had been up all day, so we had us a nice little brunch, and then went outside for a walk.  I get so frustrated!  There are so many birds up in the trees here, singing away and chirping at each other.  BUT!  They are all hiding.  You can hear them loud and clear, but you cannot see them.  Every now and then, one of them flits quickly by.  You barely get to see it. 

At one point, I did get lucky.  I happened to see a bird fly into a shrub outside of someone's unit so I picked up the camera and just clicked away.  If you take enough photos, you're bound to get one or two decent ones.   Here's what my camera got when he was on the  ground checking out the place.



Then he quickly hopped back into the safety of the shrub.  See why it's so hard to get any photos?


A that point, he has spotted me with my camera, and came out for just a second then flew away. 



So I guess now I can't complain.  I got me a bird photo.  Alas, I am a greedy old lady.  I want more!  Maybe on our walk today, I will get lucky again.  Who knows? 

Tootsie and I did the laundry yesterday, so today is just for leisure.   Audrey will be arriving tonight, and then more fun begins.  We have a whole week to explore the area and find some bird habitats.  We'll even take a day to visit with my son.  He only lives a couple of hours away from here. 

We'll be doing the flea markets too, of course.  I still have a few "just because I love you" gifts to pick up.  Before I came down here, I found a huge bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee, and sent it to my son.  That package sure made his day a whole lot brighter!

Now I think I'll go and get my camera.  There's an adorable tiny little squirrel in the tree, just outside my porch and maybe he'll pose for a picture.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I use the same concept for kitty photos. If I take enough I’ll get a good one! My perfect baby picture of Kaline and the Tigers hat and baseball glove was the only really good one of about 30 photos! You seem to have done better than that with the bird. He’s a professional model bird, isn’t he? I really like the one with the pink flower on the ground and the one on the front of the bush. Wonderful shots!

I agree that frozen produce that’s supposed to be fresh isn’t so great. I prefer frozen pudding to frozen jello too!

Have a great time exploring with Audrey and may you find some good birds! In the meantime, I hope that squirrely posed nice for you!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

So glad to hear that you are only walking around WITH your clothes on. We wouldn't want to get kicked out the apartment so soon!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos!!