Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Proud To Be A "Lady Of The Forum"

February 24, 2010

Tis a cold wet morning here in rainy New England. Of course, it's only 6:30 am, and the rain may be changing to snow at some point today. Not really a fun day to go out, but Tootsie and I have to go out anyway for her chemo appointments. She goes four times, morning and late afternoon for two days in a row. Then she is off for four weeks.

Today will be a bit trickier to travel than yesterday was. Crutches and canes do not mix well with rain. Yesterday I started using a cane. I'm not sure yet if it is easier than the crutch, but this is what the doctor suggested I do.

May I share a lovely award that Kyra presented to the ladies of the Magickal Scraps forum for their wonderful Daily Download kits. These ladies do marvelous work, and I am quite proud to be a part of their group. Kyra is also a member of this fine group of ladies. Thank you so much Kyra. It's a real pleasure to work with you.


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
This morning, I have been watching a program about giraffes, and tried to take a few photos from off the television. They did not really come out so great, but I thought I would share a few of them with you anyway. This program was on the Animal Planet channel.
*




































Imagine being able to see and photograph these marvelous animals up close? It must certainly be a thrilling adventure. Some days I think, "Oh to be young again. The things I could do!" But then I wonder if I really would have enjoyed such an adventure when I was younger. I seem to recall being quite busy all the time in my younger days. Oh well, it was a nice thought.
*
It's 7 am now, so I think I'll sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee before getting dressed to go out. Y'all have a fantastic day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Your camera doesn't do bad TV shots either! I get TV shots for some things too. The scrapbook age I did for the Super Bowl, which ended up being David and me at home this year, included four shots of the on the side to document that the game was on the TV! Thats not new for me. I usually get a couple shots of the Cincinnati Reds game on Opening Day too! :)

While I'd much rather be just plain old walking, I found that walking on the cane isn't so bad in decent weather. It sure spares the armpit! But in rain/snow, just don't be afraid to be slow! Most important - BE CAREFUL!! :)

smiekeltje said...

The picture of the giraffe cloe up succeeded very well!
Oh my, hope you will be careful with the rain and your poor foot and then also driving!
And I am proud to be one of the team members too! Hugs
Kyra