Friday, September 11, 2009

A New Sofa To Show Off

September 11, 2009

Good morning. It's a bit gray outside right now. I guess the weather hasn't decided yet what sort of day we will be having. But that's okay. We can shop in the rain too. Yesterday the new sofa arrived, and it is just lovely. Naturally, I took some photos to share with you.

Seems like Tootsie likes it too. We got all comfy on it last night, grabbed a snack, and watched our favorite TV program "Project Runway." For a while, when I was a young girl, I had wanted to be a fashion designer. So this program is rather special for me. I am always fascinated at the beautiful fashions the designers can produce in such a short time.
******
Tootsie's neurosurgeon called us with test results. There seems to be quite a bit more disease activity going on in her brain, and they want to start another, more aggressive chemo treatment to go along with the treatments she already has regularly. These will start this coming week. So we will see what happens then, and hopefully the new activity will stop. The doctor is hoping that this will restore her sight, but I am not counting on that.
******
Today, maybe Moo and I can go shopping for some building supplies to re-do one of the rooms and a hallway in the main part of the house. There is always work to do in an old house. Next week, the heating man will come and clean out the burner, and maybe we can find us a new contractor to finish up some of the other house projects.
******
Well, it's time for me to get busy here and start this day. Y'all have a fantastic day now.
******
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

You know-I had a thought when you sent me that photo of the sofa yesterday,lol- that design would make a fab background ! Yeah-Iknow-I'm mad, but this is the person who goes into DYI Stores and photographs wallpaper,lol.Nice to see Tootsie so comfortable on the sofa. Hugs Snowy

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Hi Edna, The sofa is beautiful. I think going with a pattern made matching the blues so much easier. Glad Tootsie likes it too! Hope all goes well and she tolerates the chemo as well as last time. Mary Ann