Monday, September 14, 2009

Losing Sleep Over Torn Paper

September 14, 2009

It's only 4:55 am here, but I can't get any winks tonight, so I thought I would come chat for a bit. It's quite warm for night time, around 60 degrees (Fahrenheit). I did get to finish reading the book I had started a couple of days ago.

Plus I spent a couple of hours earlier trying to make a piece of torn paper on my laptop. It's probably not the most beautiful piece of torn paper, but it's all mine!!!! At the rate I'm going, I'll be 90 before I learn how to make all the different kinds of scrapbooking elements from scratch.

I had high hopes of learning a new program too. I installed it in my laptop, put in a whole batch of tutorials, then proceeded to start to read them. Is it me or is it Murphy's Law at work again? In order to open the tutorials, I have to install another program which, of course, requires registration numbers from the disk. What disk? I have been using this other program for a few years now, and all of a sudden it is not installed in my laptop anymore.

This is about the time that I switched over to my Photoshop tutorials, and decided to learn how to make the torn paper. Very exciting, I must say! It doesn't even look like it's torn, instead it looks like paper with a jagged edge.
**






















**
See what I mean? Do you suppose it will get better if I keep doing it over and over? This is not the first time I tried to learn how to do this. The last time turned out to be quite a fiasco. I finally went out and bought me a torn paper template. Unfortunately, even that didn't look all that great when I tried it. Maybe tomorrow things will turn out better.
**
Alert! Alert!! I just had a brainstorm. Maybe I can take a piece of paper, tear it up the middle, and scan it into my computer. Then I can use that for a template for torn paper. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Duh!!
**
Yesterday morning, on my way home, I went by the lake to take some photos while the mist was still rising. It's quite pretty there so early in the morning. So peaceful and still. I thought I would share this one with you. Looking out over the lake is such a lovely way to start a day.
**


**
Well, that's it for today. I'm going to relax now and do a jigsaw puzzle. That should keep me busy till it's time to go home. Y'all have a fantastic day.
**
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Oh Edna, you have such a great funny way of writing and describing things-I just kept giggeling all the way through! Who would have thought that my challenge would keep you from sleep,lol. That picture of the lake is absolutely stunning! Will have to go there when I'm there.Lots of love to Erik from me-tell the bad boy I miss him,lol.
Hugs Snowy