Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Food For Thought

September 29, 2009

We went to chemo this morning, and on the way home we got a nice surprise at the gas pumps. The price was down quite a bit - about 20 cents a gallon. So of course we pulled in and filled our gas tank. We are also expecting a big oil truck to show up sometime soon to fill our heating fuel tank here at the house.

Did you notice the new celebration poster at the top of my blog yesterday? Our lovely Su designed that one for us, and today I have one that Snow Raven designed. We are all getting party fever!! Imagine that! Our forum has made it to the one year mark. It seems as though we were all meant to meet up with each other here to form a close friendly group. One word for it. Nice!!














































**
We have all been busy making kits to be given away starting October 1st. There will be store sales too, and a QP blog train for the weekend. So come one, come all, and bring your friends. It's time to kick up our heels and party, party, party.
**
I have also been busy working on my Halloween QP's, and having some fun doing them. It's simply amazing what you can do with a bunch of skeletons and a few elements. I also worked on, and finished, my chat project. We had to make a layout using several things such as grunge, layers, smudge tool, blur tool, eraser tool, shading and opacity, etc.
**
The end result would look rather old and grungy, and pieced together. My grunge background doesn't really look very grungy, but I did use all of these different tools, and I like my final product. I used parts from Sherry C's kit "Halloween Howls." My crone rests in her comfy old rocking chair and daydreams about her younger days.
**
**
Last night Moo and I went shopping, and I bought us each a nice big TV. I needed to pick up two more anyway - one for my bedroom and one for the den in the house. So now I will switch things around a bit. The one I bought for Moo a few months ago will go to the Den. The one I had bought before for my living room will go into my bedroom. The two new sets will be for my living room and Moo's room. Now that's it for TV's!!!
**
This week I have to see about getting a TV stand for my living room, and the fireplace heater for my bedroom. Once those things are in place, I can take a rest from the redocorating here. For the rest of the Fall and Winter it's called "Love Me, Love My Mess."
**
While I'm in a chatty mood here, I want to thank Crookness for explaining to me about the bee boxes. I had never heard of them, and I think they are just a wonderful idea. I have a lot of bees around here, and I never really gave much thought to where they all went in the cold weather. Hmmmmmm. Food for thought!!
**
Well I'm off now to see what kind of mischief I can cook up for today. Y'all have a marvelous day now.
**
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Bloody hell -how many TVs have you got in that house now??? Lol- you'll be getting square eyes soon.
So we are in mischief mood, hey? What trouble are you stirring up then???
Hugs Snowy