Thursday, November 14, 2019

Learning To Get Along With My Laptop

November 14, 2019

Good morning.  It's gray, and only 16 F degrees outside.  We may get up to the low thirties later today.  Goodness, whatever happened to Autumn?

Well, yesterday was not much of a productive day for me.  But I figure that's okay.  I worked my whole life, so it's okay to have lots of lazy days now.  Company could not make it last night, so I popped a movie into my laptop.  Torch Song Trilogy is another of my favorite old movies. 


I just might get to like this new laptop.  Especially now that I know it can play my DVD's.  Not that I have very many of them.  I don't.  My TV plays them too, but then I have to remember how to switch what to what and back again.  This used to be easy for me, but now my brain does not want to remember all this tecky stuff. 

Tonight I might watch another DVD.  This one features the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts, and Bob Hope and Johnny Carson are being roasted.  It will be fun to watch all the old time celebrities.  Well, they are not "old time" to me, but most of today's young folks wouldn't even know any of them. 

Last night I stepped on the scale to see how my weight is doing, and got quite a surprise.  It said that I have lost about seventy five pounds.  What??  There must be a mistake here.  I know I've lost a couple pounds because my jeans are getting too loose.  But there's no way I lost seventy five pounds. 

I just went to re-check this, and guess what?  The batteries in the scale are dead.  Well, there's the problem.  Once I put new batteries in it, I'm sure my weight will go up.  I'll take care of this later when I've finished posting here.  I want to relish my new skinniness for a little while.

My Pogo is still asleep, all curled up beneath the warm orange blanket.  We both love this blanket.  It is so soft and warm.  I guess now, though, I'll have to put a couple of my other blankets in the Good Will bag.  I really did not need another blanket.  But, how can one pass up a beautiful fluffy, warm , orange one?  Did I mention that it is orange?  The Fates knew that I could not walk by this big splash  of beautiful color without picking it up and putting it in my basket. 

Now it's time for me to do a bit of blog reading.  Before I go, let me leave you with this image that I borrowed from the web.  There's lots of folks complaining about the wildlife coming into their yards looking for food.  Just remember that this land was their home before man took it over to build more houses. 


So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

This post made me giggle. We have two scales in our bathroom, a digital scale and an OLD SCHOOL kind:) That way if it looks wrong, I jog (shuffle) over to the old one! Anyway, good news that you are losing some just not that much:) I am getting used to my new laptop too and helping the hubby get used to his which is a much bigger job, hehe! Ours also has CD player but I haven't used it yet. Have a blessed day dear friend, I won't complain about my temp here after reading what yours is. HUGS!

Angelicastar said...

We have a nature park next door that is very busy with people but sometimes at night if it's warm and I step outside, there is a family of deer peeping through the fence. At this time, the park is closed and it give the critters time to roam in their habitat. I am afraid of the wild hogs and bob cats out there. I've only been in the park approximately 4 times within a 5 year period. It's very wooded and scary looking with lots of walking and bike trails. It's not so scary from the animals but the two legged crooks you have to worry about. I've only heard of a car jacking happening to this lady one time in the park, but you never know what's out there hiding in the woods to strike. There's lots of employees riding the go cart and working there on a daily basis but I doesn't trust the guys in the woods either. (lol) Maybe I watch too much television of crime stories but it is true tv. I hope you and pogo have a beautiful and healthy day.

Steve Reed said...

I haven't seen "Torch Song Trilogy" in ages and ages. I didn't even remember that Anne Bancroft is in it. I'll have to rent it one of these days!

That's funny about your scale. Maybe you should just leave the batteries out!

I do feel bad for all the animals. Wildlife in general is having a tough time of it these days.