Tuesday, January 8, 2019

They're Coming With That Big Fat Check!

January 8, 2019

Good morning.  I've been up a while but I had a few things to do.  First I had to call Blog2Print about the new blog book that I tried making yesterday.  I got the book assembled, but then either Google or the web page or goodness knows what happened and I could not get access to my book.  I  tried contacting the company but there was a problem there too and I had to leave a message. 

This morning I called and one of their staff tried to find the problem.  Somewhere, somehow, something went wrong and now I have to set up a new account.  Of course, this means that I will not have access to any of my past books.  Whatever file they were on at the company had gotten corrupt.

The good news is that whenever I buy my new blog books, I also buy the PDF copy.  I do have all of these copies on file.  This new book will make book #26.  That's all eleven years of blogging.  This new year begins my twelfth year.

Does the word "twelfth" look funny?  I just looked it up to find out why it has an "f" in it.  According to Dictionary.com, the "f" takes the place of the "ve."  Every now and then a word will look a bit weird to me, so I look it up.

Are you ready for another photo of my little guy Pogo?  Here he is napping on the sofa in front of his new tent bed while I'm busy on my laptop.  Sorry about the colors, but the lamp light tends to change the colors a bit.


I meant to share this item with everyone before Christmas, just in case you have friends who are hard to buy for.  It's something everyone can use and it doesn't take up much room in the pantry.  It would come in quite handy during emergencies.


I'm not sure who thinks these things up, but they sure do have a clever mind!  It does make a person wonder though just how many people would actually go looking to buy this. 

Today's temp is 32F degrees and it is overcast.  No sun, just dreary and breezy.  However, Spring is only seventy two more days away!  Plus, in less than two months, Pogo and I will be relaxing in sunny Florida for two weeks.  We'll get back just in time to welcome Spring to our area.

Are you getting annoyed at the Publishers Clearing House spokesman on TV telling us that we can win tons and tons of money real soon?  Normally this would not annoy me, but they've been telling me this very same thing for years now.  Hardly a day goes by without something from them coming in the mail saying "Just one more order, please.  You are so close to winning it all!" 

Speak of the devil, the mail just came and yup!  There's another envelope from Publishers Clearing House telling me to watch for another envelope that should arrive by tomorrow.  It says they really want to bring me that big fat check.  Okay, and while they're at it I might be interesting in buying a swamp.

I have one more photo to share with you.  This one was posted on Facebook by a friend.  I just love nature and animals.  This deer family is really beautiful.  I would love to have been there to see these gorgeous animals.


Now it's time for me to get busy around here.  There are dishes in the sink just crying out for me to wash them.  So I guess that's where I'll start.  I was going to make some fudge brownies the other day but I didn't, so that will be on today's agenda too.  Maybe.  We'll see.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Hi,
I just love the photo of Pogo. He looks so Comfy.... And of course the deer family is just precious and I really love the dehydrated water!!!!

I am still waiting for the part to my dishwasher to come in. The man called me a few minutes ago to tell me that it still hasn't made it to the appliance delivery store. So it is day 3 on a 2 day delivery. Maybe tomorrow. Otherwise they may need to re-order the part. In the mean time I guess I better start washing those dishes!

Nathan is taking Jonathan and I out to dinner tonight. He won't say where we are going, as it is a surprise but I think I know!!! I hope it is the place I think that it is.

Going out to work a bit in my yard so talk to you later... Beth

Theresa said...

Oh girl, I thought you were getting a BIG FAT check:) LOL Pogo is too cute and yes I always love seeing that little cutie! Have a blessed day and perhaps today is the day you win! HUGS!