Friday, January 11, 2019

It's Time To Make Lemonade

January 11, 2019

Good morning.  Yup, I'm up again before daylight.  Of course, I missed a lot of TV last night because I fell asleep so early.  Ah well, there's always re-runs.  Temps this morning are only 23F degrees but with the wind chill it feels like 16F degrees.  It looks like we won't be getting back up into the thirties until Monday or Tuesday.

I've been watching the news on TV this morning, and it's starting to sound like an old rerun.  All day long they harp about the government shutdown causing so many folks to have a hard time paying their bills.  Some of the sob stories are really tacky. 

Do I feel bad for all these folks who are out of jobs and paychecks?  Yes, of course I do.  However, it's only been three weeks for them.  Where was all the hoopla when my son in law and hundreds of other electricians were laid off  and out of work with no pay checks for months, and for some, years?  Where is the hoopla for all the folks who have to live with hardships when other unions go on strike?

How did all of us get through these hardships?  We pulled together and helped each other out.  We did not go on TV and whine about how difficult life was for us.  There's an old saying "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade."  We all got together and made lemonade.

Where is all the hoopla noise for us elderly folks who have paid into social security all our lives, while Congress continues to steal our funds and threaten us with no cost of living raises and even bankruptcy?  Why aren't people up in arms about all the money that we send to other countries, when we have so many folks here who are needing that help? 

How many other countries have open borders, with no concerns about illegal immigrants?  What's wrong with immigrants coming into the country legally?  Why can't Congress put on their big kid panties and start doing the jobs they were elected to do?  If they were at their desks working to help make this country safe, there would be no government shutdown. 

Why is Congress still being paid?  They are not working.  Why do they still have their jobs?  In the private industry, many of them would have been replaced with new workers by now.  Maybe it's time to re-vamp the position of elected officials.  They should have term limits, reasonable salaries with no pay for no work and the same health and other benefits that the rest of us citizens have.

Maybe it's time for the folks who are making all the noise to get after their congressmen and women and tell them to get off their asses and get back to work.  It's time to get together and tell your congress people to get behind their President and help protect our country's borders.  If they would all stop acting like spoiled brats and start acting like intelligent adults, we would not be having our current problems. 

People, whether or not you like our President, you really should grow up and act like responsible adults.  If you don't like him, vote for someone else next election time.  Meanwhile, act like a responsible American and get behind him while he is in office.  Stop your whining and stupid acting out. 

I realize that not everyone agrees with me.  It's okay, you don't have to.  But you need to stop trying to shove your disagreements and nasty comments down my throat.  It is so disheartening to hear folks you like constantly bad mouthing our President and our country.  Once you've stated your thoughts, shut up.  Keep the rest of the nasty stuff to yourself. 

Okay, nuff said.  I try to keep politics off my blog, but some days the constant hate mongering and whining really gets to me. 

I realized this morning that I never posted the January page from my calendar, so I'll do that now.


A couple days ago, I did finally manage to get the order in for my new Blog book.  I'm not sure what the glitch was, but the staff at Blog2Print were very helpful.  Here's a picture of the covers for my new book.


I just tuned in QVC, and the hostess is complaining about UPS and the way they delivered her packages during the Holiday season.  She says that if she was not home, they did not leave her packages.  Then she had to track the packages down and go pick them up.  I guess she would have been happier if the packages had been left on her door steps and stolen before she got home? 

She also says that she misses the cute UPS outfits for the summer with the adorable little shorts.  Excuse me?  Hold on while I go looking for some old Law & Order reruns.

I'm back now.  I think I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee and look through some of the new catalogues that came in the mail this week.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.







3 comments:

Theresa said...

Ditto, reruns and the News is dah-dah-dah. My sentiments exactly with the shut-down. Hope it all ends soon and we can hear about something else:) I wish that the first few minutes of every news broadcast was something good instead of how many people have been killed. Today we are hearing about the 13 year old girl being found alive, that's great news! Enjoy your day dear friend, it's a chilly one here

LV said...

There is no good news anymore. I watch one hour of TV a day and that is bad news at 6pm and Wheel of Fortune at 6:30. I do enjoy when the Dallas Cowboys play.

Kathy said...

Everyone has a right to their opinion on the President, Congress, government in general. But express your opinion nicely and then shut up about it. I am so sick of the news also. Let's just get things settled and back to normal.

Hope you have a better day than the one the new reports on.