Monday, January 14, 2019

Some Days, The Mail Is Just Not Fun

January 14, 2019

Good morning.  It's not early.  I did get up before daylight this morning, but Pogo did not want his breakfast so I went back to bed.  Today is a speck warmer than yesterday.  Tis 25F degrees, and hopefully will get up close to 31F degrees.  No sunshine though.  Tis breezy and gray outside. 

Yesterday was a lazy day here.  Pogo and I spent most of the day under a blanket to stay warm.  Obviously, we got in a bit of napping.  We needed it, so it felt good.  However, I'd really like to get back on a better sleep schedule.  You know, sleep at night, play and work at day.

Well, the mail just came and it was not full of good news.  The first letter I opened was from the bank that holds the mortgage on my house.  They are saying that my house insurance is expired and because I have not provided proof of insurance, they will get me some insurance but it will cost me quite a bit more.

I go through this every year with this company.  The insurance broker told me in December that this company was notified of my insurance renewal.  The bank claims they know nothing of this.  I'm thinking that it's probably time for either a new bank or a new insurance broker. 

The next letter that I opened was from my personal care doctor explaining that because I missed my last appointment, all future missed appointments without a 24 hour notice will cost me $50.00.  I called the doctor's office to find out what this was all about. 

I explained that I had woke up sick that morning and had called their office right away, and that they had rescheduled my appointment to this week.  When the receptionist checked the appointment book, she could not find any appointment for this week.  She said she did not know why this was, but she would reschedule it again.  This time for the beginning of February.    I'm not really crazy about this new doctor so now I'm wondering if maybe I need to find a new doctor too. 

Thank goodness for the catalogues and the magazine from AARP.  At least they were not bad news.  January and February are not great months for me.  Maybe this is the main reason I so look forward to Spring.  That and the nice weather that Spring usually brings. 

Today I have a photo of the yellow afghan to share.  This one is going to be all one color.  It's going to take quite a while to finish because it's bigger than my other afghans and it is all the one color.  For some reason, the afghans seem to work up quicker when there are other colors to break up the monotony.  But it really is pretty.  (and much brighter than this photo shows)


Yesterday was a football day for lots of folks.  Our team, the Patriots, won their game.  Daughter Audrey's team, the Eagles, did not win their game.  How about you?  I'm not really much of a football fan, but I do hope our team goes for the championship again.  And wins, of course. 

A little while back, I ordered a gorgeous Smoky Quartz ring from the ShopLC channel.  It was a huge discounted sale price, $30.00, so I couldn't resist it.  It arrived a couple days ago, and oh my, it is just beautiful.  It's golden brown and set in silver.  I happen to like silver the best.  The underside of the ring is finished beautifully. 



Do I need this?  No, of course not.  But I do love to wear pretty rings.  And I only shop really good sales.  And Pogo says it's okay.  So that's that.

Tomorrow I have a morning appointment with my orthopedic doctor.  So, unless I get up early, I may be posting after lunch.  Just thought I'd mention it.  Today I'm trying to scrounge up a little energy so that I can get a few things done around here. 

Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading before looking for some mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hello my friend. I feel so badly missing commenting. I was weighing in on bloggers at social media talking about blogging or not blogging. I gave my two cents, but I try to come over and comment to everyone who comments with me. I have a small group following me and I consider them (and you) my friends so I think it is a nice courtesy to catch up. One lady disagreed! SHe is one of those with the big fancy house blah blah blah and all the fancy advertisements she gets paid for posting. Of course she loves the hundreds of comments she gets but does not feel it is necessary to comment. Said she's too busy. Too busy bragging Ha Ha Ha! I know I am rotten some time but if you have time to post fabulous photos of your high end home you must have a moment to comment. Just my thoughts. But then I blog for the friendships I have made. So I guess she and I are way too different. I Am going to blog about this soon. Maybe at my second blog where I get a few hits when I blog.
CS stinks with doctors and banks and all the rest today! I wish you well finding decent doctors to treat you and not charge you extras! U G H !
I was rooting for the Eagles because I think Nick Foles is the most kind and most humble man in the NFL. Instead of being upset that they lost he comforted his teammate who dropped the pass and lost the game. Our team wasn't up to par this year but they need to lose John Elway in their GM office. They need a young QB and stop getting everyone else's castaway! Again my thoughts only.
I hope you have a great week. Good luck with your doctor and the banking and insurance broker too.
HUGS

smiekeltje said...

Oh, what a misery with your bank and insurance ! I must say I didn;t had this kind of trouble with the bank holding the mortgage and my insurance company. The bank doesn;t ask for proof of insurance and the insurance is automatically renewed every year. So that is less trouble here as with you!
Hopefully all can be sorted out without you having to pay more for insurance.
And that doctor's office isn;t working too well either, is it?
Pfff, there is always something you have to run after and to sort out. Very exhausting.!

Love thwe color of your afghan, it is really sunny and giving a happy feeling. And your ring looks fantastic too. No, probably you don;t NEED it, but it is so nice to sometimes buy something just because....
Good, on to your next post.
Hug
Kyra