Monday, September 12, 2016

Our Babies Are Growing So Fast


September 12, 2016

Good morning.  This morning is just lovely.  Today's temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's.  Oh my, that is sooo wonderful!  Yesterday, the sky clouded up and the winds blew.  Pogo and I stood out on the porch waiting for the rain.  And it finally came!  All twelve drops of it!!

Someone is getting the rain that comes this way, just not us.  I just hope a lot of it is falling into our reservoirs.  I certainly hope that we are not going to fill these reservoirs up over the winter by getting tons of snow.  For some reason, the snow won't miss us.  Actually, I think it is quite fond of my yard.

This morning I got a quote from the glass company who came out to see about making me weather covers for the screen panels on my porch.  Ouch!  Ouch!  They must make these things out of gold because the quote was for more than two thousand dollars.  At this rate, I may have to just cover the screen with plastic.  It's not what I had in mind, but I may have to settle for it.

I have a new photo of Aurora to share.  Deanne sent this to me a few days ago.  Gosh, our babies are growing so fast.  Aurora is already six months old.  In just a few months, both she and Alima will be a year old. 


My Pogo is such a cutie too.  He was curled up next to me on the sofa, and then we both heard a noise from outside.  It was the trash collection truck.  Pogo flew to the door and barked at the truck until it left.  Happy with himself, he came right back to the sofa and is snoozing away again.  What a guy!!!

Ever have one of those days when you're sure you've lost your mind and you've finally gone crazy?  Every now and then I have a day like that.  This little Minion image (that I borrowed from the web) says it all.  Sadly, I must admit to the last line.  Some days I get so upset with my own answers that I just stop talking (to myself)!!  How is it that these little guys are so smart??


I have to call the Post Office this morning and find out why a package that Pogo sent to his little friend in Texas never arrived last Friday.  He paid for two day delivery. 

Well, now it's time for me to get busy and order my new blog book.  I still have to decide which photos to use for the front and back covers.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Oops, that is a lot of money for the screens I think you will have to settle for thick plastic and it will certainly do its job too.
Pogo has his days that he is very brave and acts as if he is a Doberman LOL!
I can find myself too in the Minion quotes. I have those moments too, so don;t doubt yourself too much, other people have the same problem ROFL!
Going to be a real hot day today, and although I like warm weather it sometimes is trying to hard and then after two or three days temperatures drop drasticaly( end of the week probably from 29-30C to in one day to 20C). That are too big differences at once.
I think I will keep "low profile"today.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra